⋆୨CHAPTER- SIX୧˚| ❝𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐞𝐰❞

TW: SH

-5 DAYS LATER-

𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕:

It's been five days since I caught Meredith in that on-call room. I know it's none of my business. At all, however I really do want what's best for her. She's visibly getting worse and I'm not sure how much longer I can just sit around and wait for something to happen. Since the whole 'incident' she's been telling Izzie how the healing is going, which then Izzie is reporting back to me. I don't blame Mer for not wanting to talk to me, I really don't. But I know I have to do something, Izzie has caught Meredith with more cuts on her arms three more times. Three!

I haven't been able to focus properly all day, I'm just so sickly worried about the poor girl. She has to be okay. She has to be.

As I'm strolling along the halls I bump into Stevens.

"Oh, hey! Montgomery, I was actually waiting to speak to you about Meredith. I was going to wait until the end of your shift but you're here now and if I'm being honest I'm not sure how much longer this can wait." Izzie speaks, with urgency in her voice.

An awful sinking feeling washes over me, I try to remain as calm as possible though, I know I need to suck it up. For Meredith.

After like twenty awkward seconds of silence, I finally reply, "Sure. Do we need to go somewhere more private? this seems important."

The intern nods and we head to the nearest supply closet, making sure it's empty before we say anything.
"Mer is getting worse, way worse. I'm honestly so scared for her. We have to do something, I really don't know what but we can't sit here and just watch her deteriorate like this! She insists she's fine, all of the damn time. Which in all honesty, gets annoying! I want her to just say anything other than, 'I'm fine'. I want her to say the truth. She needs help, Montgomery! She needs our help!"

I take a second to process everything that's just been said to me, before taking a deep breath and saying, "It's Addison to you now."

A slight smile appears from Izzie, "Okay, Addison. But seriously, what do we do? I really don't want to get psych involved, first off we said we wouldn't tell anyone, second I don't want her getting treated like some crazy person, which she most definitely is not!"

I know. She's right. We cannot get psych involved, I'm more than sure that would make things worse, but I also just want her to  be safe. I mean, I could get Izzie to watch over her like a hawk, she lives with her and they're in the same class so it wouldn't be difficult, but then again she already kind of is and it's clearly not working. Meredith needs something more than that.

"Maybe she should stay at my place? I mean, just for a few nights. It'd be like a psych hold, but in a warm, comforting home. So maybe for 72 hours? I totally understand if you're not up to this. But I do feel like it'd help, and knowing her she'd benefit from this way more than an actual psych hold. And no one else would know, I suppose it could be done at hers, but so many people live there I'm not sure that it would actually help." I suggest.

The tall intern stares at me for a while, she sighs and sort of rolls her eyes but she finally responds, "As much as I hate to agree to this, yeah. I also feel like her staying at yours for a 72 hour psych hold thing would benefit her, it'd also keep her safe. Which is what we need right now."

Thank God. I did not think she would agree to that. Especially after what happened with me and Meredith.

-2 hours later-

It's time to collect Meredith. I still haven't told her the news. I was specifically waiting til it was time so she had no chance of running away, I'm not sure if she'd be a flight risk but I'm taking no chances.

I check with Bailey to see where she is and see that she's been allocated to the pit, which I quickly walk to.

I'm also not stupid. I know if I was the one telling her this she'd say no, she doesn't have a choice but I just know it'd be easier to convince her if it was coming from a friend.

"Hey! Mere- *ahem* Dr. Grey! Nice to see you how are you doing?" I correct myself, making sure no one was listening.

Meredith is sort of confused furrows her brows, but does eventually give me an answer, "I'm fine. Dr. Montgomery, What do you need?"

I take a very long, deep sigh, "Okay. I need you to come with me. No questions asked you have to come with me. Right now please."

Her eyes widen and she takes a couple steps back, "Uhm, why? I'm sure there's another intern you could get maybe?"

"Dr. Grey. I specifically need you. Your co-worker, Dr. Stevens, is also waiting for you."

She then does something kind of odd with her face, I'm not sure how to describe it. Confused maybe? Scared? Pissed? All of the above? She does give up in the end though and reluctantly follows me.

I lead her to an on-call room where Izzie is waiting, already having Meredith's things for her. Packed and ready.

"Uhm, that's my stuff? what is she doing with my stuff? what's going on?" Meredith says, panic starting to fill her body.

"Meredith I am so sorry. You are being placed under a 72 hour psych hold. Though it's not technically real, and will take place at Addison's home, it will be treated as real. You have no say over this and if you try to fight it we will actually call psych. I'm so sorry again Meredith, it's for your own well-being."

NOBODIES P.O.V:

Meredith didn't take this piece of information too well initially, she attempted to argue for a long while but did eventually give up. Addison had already told chief Webber that her and Mer would be taking five days leave, effective immediately. Addison decided it'd be best for the extra two days after the hold just in case.

AUTHORS NOTEEE

okay it won't let me put text in the middle for whatever reason but oh well😭 sorry for the short chapter a lot has been going on recently i also have writers block still☠️ it's not as bad now though. next chapter will be the psych hold !! Also im not sure if 'nobodies' p.o.v is good or horrible😭 so if you don't like it just lmk and i'll stop doing it. anyways i hope u enjoyed the chapter, BYEEEE !!!!😋