Chapter One

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

I slam down my pen looking at Mila with a half smile on my face. "There is no way we are going to be representing that guy." I point to the blown up picture on her laptop.

Mila grins and nods up and down, "Yes we are, Easton sent me the book and his profile this morning. His name is James Masters. He is the son of a very wealthy family with a very attractive brother." She wiggles her brows as she shows me another picture of his full family. I look at the photo and everyone is smiling except James.

"Well aren't you two working exceptionally hard!" Easton says sarcastically as he leans against my office door.

Mila smiles and tilts her head, "You never work and we always make sure of that."

Easton Taylor is the CEO of our publishing company. He worked his ass off to get where he is ever since college. Of course we are proud of him but we always give him a hard time anyway. Ive been one of the marketing managers here for two years now and Mila has been my assistant for about a year but she is more like my partner.

Easton looks up at me, "Amora, did Mila fill you in on our new client and the party?"

Mila looks down as I scold her, she knows I can't stand parties.

"She was to busy drooling over him to inform me about the party," I say sticking my tongue out at her.

Mila grabs a folder and sets it on my desk. I open it and see money order receipts to a DJ, a catering service, a venue, and so much alcohol. I look up at them both shaking my head. "And why are we having a party?"

Easton chuckles, "Mila thought it would be a good idea to essentially impress James because his new book has a lot of traction already just from online buzz. He has stated he wants a new direction with publishing and we are going to show him we are the new direction."

I glance up, "So we don't ever have him yet and we are spending this much money on him?"

"Mila worked with the budget I gave her. With your amazing optimism and positivity he will be begging us to publish his new book." Easton grabs the folder in front of me and flashes a smile at us, "I will see you both tonight. Mila make sure Amora paints a smile on please."

I mock him as I shoo him out of my office. I hear Mila clear her throat and see her smirking.

"What?" I say shaking my head.

"Nothing, I just think that you should maybe wear the black dress."

The black dress.

The dress in question is a tight silk dress with silver studs as straps and it falls right above my knees. Mila bought this dress for me because I apparently don't dress to flatter my body type.

"Mila we are meeting a new client."

She scoffs, "Yeah a really hot client." She gets up and points her finger at me, "You're wearing the dress. I'll come by your place and we will go together."

As she walks out I sigh in defeat, she's right, he is very attractive. I turn my laptop on a search James Masters. A big portrait of him pops up. Tattoos fill his arms and neck, not a typical look for an author but sexy nonetheless. I start scrolling through and notice one of his social media pages. Wow, he has a pretty big following for an author. Two books were best sellers, and there is even fan pages for him. His announcement post for his new book pops up.

New book 'Falling Down in Love' is coming soon.

Okay not a lot of information, nor a lot of marketing tactic but still got a lot of traction.