MY OPINION ABOUT THE NEXT ALPHA OF THE HIDDEN WORLD (HTTYD)

Sooo, another rant/opinion piece about httyd (because I'm totally not falling in love with the movies all over again-)

We all know about Toothless and the Light Fury's offspring; Dart, Pouncer and Ruffrunner.

Anyway, today I'm going to discuss all three dragonets, their advantages/disadvantages, capability of being a leader, etc

Anyway, today I'm going to discuss all three dragonets, their advantages/disadvantages, capability of being a leader, etc. and then deduce which of the three would be the best to become the next Alpha of the Hidden World.

Firstly, I will just point out that I know not only Toothless's offspring may have a chance at the Alpha role after he dies, but assuming that the Light Fury must've had some sort of high rank (presumably Alpha) in the Hidden World (otherwise none of the other dragons would've obeyed someone who was a complete foreigner or a very low-ranking dragon), therefore, these three dragonets would've had quite an optimal gene pool to choose from, thus, presumably have pretty desirable traits to become an Alpha. However, dragons such as the Bewilderbeast, Alphas by nature, will not hesitate to try to claim the rank if an opportunity opens up.

Secondly, I have seen this concept floating around somewhere on the Internet, but I forgot where, however, I think it proposed the idea that all three would become an Alpha and somehow split the Hidden World into three sections and each rule a portion. The issue with this is that Alphas cannot and will not coexist with each other. The three may have a strong bond, being siblings, buuuttt, if they all became Alphas, things would turn pretty bloody pretty fast. The second movie has demonstrated this to us when Toothless and the Bewilderbeast faced each other. Therefore, even if all three somehow became an Alpha, it would be a fight-to-the-death until one emerges victorious.

Finally, before I begin, I would like to address another issue about how Dart can't become an Alpha as she is a female. Excuse me, but where the fuck (sorry not sorry for the swear) did this misogynistic idea come from? Was it not obvious enough to others that the Light Fury must've held some important rank within the Hidden World, like I said before, otherwise there would be absolutely no incentive for the others to follow and obey Toothless and the Light Fury, no reason for them to accept them as their Alpha, even though Toothless is considered the Alpha on Berk. The dragons of the Hidden World live so far away from Berk, therefore, if the Light Fury wasn't of some important rank, i.e. Alpha/Luna, then, Toothless wouldn't have been accepted. Therefore, it is only logical to conclude that Dart would have an equal chance to become Alpha as do Dart and Ruffrunner.

DART

The only female of the litter, she assumes the mature role among her siblings. Dart is extremely curious and inquisitive, so much that she convinced her siblings to follow her to the new Berk to investigate more about her father's past and Hiccup.

Her curiosity is both her greatest asset and disadvantage. Her curiosity will definitely allow her to implement new ideas and concepts under her leadership, if she were to become an Alpha, however, since she already finds the Hidden World to be incredibly boring as a dragonet, it can clearly be deduced that she won't be staying there for long when she's an adult.

Despite this, her intelligence may exceed her emotions as she can clearly recognise the positive and negative consequences of situations as well as think up of solutions to reach her goals. Thus, if the responsibility of Alpha was put on her shoulders, she may be smart enough to keep the position, however, use her brothers as 'Betas' to keep everyone else in check and essentially lead for her while she explores the world, with unexpected visits back to the Hidden World to keep everyone in line, especially her brothers, to ensure they won't do anything to undermine her leadership.

POUNCER

The only predominantly white-hued dragonet of the three, Pouncer is known for his playful personality and his incredible skill at hiding. Pouncer loves picking fights with his brother, Ruffrunner (as all brothers do) and is almost as daring as his sister, Dart, however, is less circumspect than one should be and Dart sometimes needs to pull him back.

His daring nature would make him a good leader and his mock fights with Ruffrunner would definitely aid his combat skills as he grows older, however,

If Pouncer became the leader, I have an inkling that he will drive his siblings out of the Hidden World and ensure they never challenge his leadership or his status. However, due to his often lack of foresight, this may cause the other dragons of the Hidden World to rebel against his rule, if he wasn't powerful enough. Though I do believe his dominant nature will definitely aid in the security of his leadership and to ensure others won't rebel against him.

RUFFRUNNER

Ruffrunner, the least curious of the bunch. His passive nature will, in my opinion, not be as great of a trait for the Alpha position. I feel that he may become a good leader as he is not extremely curious about things going on outside the Hidden World and may be rooted within there and dedicated to ruling the dragons that exist there. However, I do feel that he may be rather lazy, thus not take extremely great care of the residents of the World.

He is rather strong though, thus, may be able to fend off any attacks on his leadership. However, if he were to ascend to the Alpha role, I feel like he would keep his siblings rather close and allow them to help him make decisions in his leadership, after his rather passive nature.

CONCLUSION

After stating all the points above, I feel that Dart will be the most suitable for the Alpha role, due to her inquisitive, intelligent and curious nature. I believe that out of the three night lights, she will be the one to ascend the Alpha position after her parents step down or pass away. I also believe that she has the best personality to fit the role of Alpha.

What are your opinions as to who will become the next Alpha of the Hidden World and why?

Stay safe and I love y'all!

- Nightmares