Chapter 3

Seokjin p.o.v

It was almost six in the evening when I heard my doorbell go off. I wiped my hands on the apron and walked over to the door to open it.

"Hello hyung!"

And I could swear I stopped breathing. God, I almost forgot how beautiful he is. He stood there with this dashing smile, dressed in an oversized grey sweater and cargo pants.

"H-Hi Jungkookie!" I smiled back at him and stepped aside to let him in. He walked in, removed his shoes and went over to the table to drop the things he brought. I closed the door and walked over to him.

"Tae hyung's not here?" He asked, looking around with big eyes.

"He just went to the convenience store down the road." I said. "Will be back in a minute. Wanna help with my lasagna?"

"Sure" he smiled and walked into the kitchen with me.

See, this is one of the many things I loved about him. Always ready to help me out. While Taehyung just kept watching Tv while I cooked, like he's the owner of the whole complex.

I watched him mixing ingredients with great care and concentrate. God, he'd make such a great husband one day. Unfortunately, not for me. And not for Taehyung either, that's for sure.

After installing the lasagna into the microwave we sat back and waited, chatting about Jungkook's day at the cafe when my phone buzzed on the table.

I checked the caller Id only to groan to myself. Obviously, it was my brother. Now the thing is, he doesn't usually call me. Unless he was in big trouble.

I walked a little far, away from Jungkook's earshot-and hissed into the phone, "What is it this time?"

"Geez, calm down hyung." I heard Taehyung's voice over the phone and I could swear I heard a girl giggle beside him. "It's just...Is Jungkook over there?"

I immediately knew where it was heading. This wasn't the first time so yes, I knew what was coming next. "You better get your ass over here right now Taehyung."

I heard the girl giggling once again. I wished I could pull off her hair until she goes bald.

"Sorry hyung," Taehyung didn't sound guilty. Not at all. "I met a nice little girl at the store. Nice girl with nice breasts. Isn't it Jennie?" And the girl chortled.

I could feel my insides burning up. As much as I loved Jungkook, I didn't want Taehyung to cheat on him. How could he be such an asshole?

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I almost yelled. "You come home before that whore steal your wallet. You hear me Taehyung?"

"I'm not a whore you bitch." I heard the girl cry beside Taehyung. "Who's this anyway, babe?"

"Wrong number honey. Let's get to work now, hmm?"

"Taehyung you better-" and he was gone.

My head felt like bursting apart. I sat down on the sofa, holding my head between my hands and groaned. Why is it so hard for an Engineer to control his own damn brother? Could there be any mathematical formula to solve that?

"Hyung?" I heard Jungkook's voice behind me. I didn't moved. Just stayed there until I felt his soft palms on the back of my neck. He slowly rubbed them on my skin, easing me out.

"He isn't coming home now, isn't he?" Jungkook asked, after some minutes. It wasn't a question. More like a statement.

I nodded solemnly. I felt bad for him.

I wished he was mine.

That's when it started all over again. The choking, I mean.

Oh no!!

Jungkook can't see my petals. Not now.

I sprang from the couch and dashed into my bedroom, slamming the door behind me. I heard Jungkook calling after me but I didn't reply as for I was busy pressing my mouth against a thick handkerchief before the hideous sounds could come out. And when they did, I felt my breath knocking out of my lungs due to the pressure down my larynx. Then there was the familiar feeling of soft substances flowing down my throat.

I heard constant knocks on my door. And Jungkook yelling, "Hyung, are you alright? Open up please."

Why did it sound like he was crying?

I quickly collected the petals and dumped them into the bin. I composed myself before opening the door. And I was caught by surprise.

Tears were rolling down Jungkook's cheeks like a waterfall and he lips were wobbling. He looked hella scared as a deer. Of course, who wouldn't when someone blast into a nearby room like something stung him so bad?

"W-What happened hyung?" He stammered.

I felt my world crashing down like a wall in a Maze. I couldn't tell him now can I?

I shrugged with a tired smile. "Sorry, I forgot to take my cough drops."

I knew how lame it sounded. Jungkook's face said it all.

"You didn't have to run for the cough drops? I could've fetched it for ya."

"Honey, It's alright. It's just.. It gets a little unpleasant when I spit phlegm into tissues. I didn't want you to witness that."

Jungkook looked convinced. He nodded, wiping off his tears. I gave him a warm smile and hugged him. He clung onto me like a sloth and I almost purred.

I knew one thing for sure.

Taehyung doesn't deserve Jungkook. No, not in a million years.

But do I?

That's a question which god above can only answer.