Chapter 3

"Fuzz!!!"

Pat pat pat pat pat pat

"FUZZZZZZZZ!!!!!" Coward's footsteps gets faster, chasing after Fuzz who was laying on a medical bed, rushed by the doctors and nurses to the Intense Care Unit. Coward runs with all the strength he has left. Rock who was following the group of nurses and doctors saw Coward breathing heavily, unable to catch up with Fuzz's life that's on the line.

Doctors are racing against the grim reaper to save Fuzz, and only time can tell if he will make it before death does.

Coward slipped, too exhausted to keep up with adult anthros' speed. "I'M SORRYYYYYYYY!!!!" Coward's voice can be heard echoing in the hospital. His tear shatters, flowing on his cheek, drowning in regret of being the reason of Fuzz's critical condition.

"Coward..." Rock stopped following the group of doctors that's rushing Fuzz's medical bed to the ICU, and slowly approaches Coward, trying to calm him down. But as soon as he touches Coward's shoulder, Coward burst into tears.

"ITS ALL MY FAULT!!" Coward cries with his whole heart. He pulls his grey hair, stressed with his cowardness issue that leads to where Fuzz is in now, the Intense Care Unit (ICU). If only he's not too coward and fight back, Fuzz would probably still be here with him...

"Coward..." Rock knee down next to Coward as tries his best to persuade Coward who is still shattering in tears and hopelessness.

"He'll be fine..." Rock affirms Coward.

"He will...?" Coward has a little light of hope after Rock affirms him. "Yeah! Fuzz is a strong man! I'm sure he's... just fine..." Rock put a smile, not wanting Coward to cry anymore. "Please make it out alive, Fuzzy... Pod 5 is nothing without you..." Rock looked at the ICU's door, and see behind the door's window, the doctors and nurses is performing a Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)

===============================================================================
CPR = Cardio (heart) Pulmonary (lungs) Resuscitation (restoration)
==============================================================================

...

...

BEEEEEP... BEEEEEP... BEEEEP...

The red siren on the ICU's door is blinking, signaling that the patient is in critical condition. Suddenly, the ICU door was slam opened by a nurse inside the room. "INTENSE UNIT!! PATIENT'S HEARTBEAT STOPPED!!" the nurse yelled.

"LOW BLOOD PRESSURE ON BLOOD TYPE SA!!"

"DRASTIC DROP OF HEART BEAT UPON LOW BLOOD PRESSURE!!"

"WE NEED DEFIBRILATOR, SA BLOOD PACKS, AND Foxglove Antidote, NOW!!!" She adds again. Doctors from other rooms rushes there, ordering other nearby nurses to get them ready for operations. "GET MY MEDICAL OUTFIT AND MASK READY!" A few trays of surgery equipment were brought along into the ICU.

The footsteps of the doctors and nurses' echoes in the hospital hall, filling anxiety to both Rock and Coward. The ICU door was slammed, stopping anyone from looking what is going on in there. Seeing how serious Fuzz's condition is, Coward dropped to his knee, speechless.

"Coward..." Rock called Coward

"Rock... It's all my fault..." Coward's tears dripping from his chin, as every drop of tears is a wish that he never exists at the first place.

"Coward... What's going on...?" Fuzz asked from behind him. Coward who recognizes the voice looked at him, and he can see Fuzz with his right hand wrapped while his left hand is holding a cooked meat treat wrapped in a paper bag. "FUZZ?!" he just realizes that Fuzz was not the one who was drove to the ICU.