-two-

⚡︎
To say Diagon Alley was crowded would be an understatement. Merlin, there were so many people. But rather than struggling to make my way through everyone, people had created a pathway for me and my family once they recognized who we are. I heard muttering and whispers as I walked by "Yaxley..." and plenty of "Mila..." A smirk grew on my face, as I walked behind my mother and my brother to my left with my chin held high. Everyone knows who we are. How couldn't they? If they know who the Dark Lord is, then they've definitely heard of my family. Aswell as the Malfoy's.

I never actually met any of the Malfoy's. All I knew of was a very intimidating man named Lucius, and a kind woman with dark hair, and white streaks throughout it, called Narcissa. I've seen Lucius times before on the front page of the Daily Prophet, but I didn't know him personally. I really wasn't aware of much about them. Do they have children? I couldn't answer. All I knew was they worked to serve the Dark Lord with my parents.

The first stop was to get mine and Max's robes. My mother had made a stop at Gringotts to make sure she had enough coins with her for all me and my brothers supplies. With Max close behind me, I approached a dusty store, named Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. We both walked in, taking a look around. "Hogwarts?" A woman approached us. She was small, with a large smile. I assumed this was Madam Malkin. I looked to my brother with a cheeky smile before we both nodded. "Right this way dears, there's two another young men getting fitted now. Why don't you two go take the lots next to them?"

Walking up to the lot, I seemed to have interrupted a conversation between the two boys Madam Malkin had mentioned. "-I must say I agree. Know what house you'll be in yet?" Says a boy to my far left. He was small, probably my age. He has platinum blonde, slicked back hair, and piercing blue eyes. He reminds me of someone... but who? "No," said the other boy, closer to me. I knew who he was, almost immediately.

  That boy is Harry Potter. The scar so vivid on his forehead, the round, wounded glasses that tilted on his face. I've heard plenty of his story. Merlin, I couldn't imagine living with such filthy muggles. I turned to Max, widening my eyes and nodding my head towards the dark haired boy. When he noticed, his expression dropped. We were in the presence of The Boy Who Lived. The one my parents were working against. "Well, no one really knows until they get there, do they, but I know I'll be in Slytherin," the platinum boy continued.

I drifted off listening to their conversation, watching as a lady wrapped a tape measure around my shoulders. She then moved the tape down to my hips, tightening it slightly. I was thinking about how I would most definitely be sorted into Slytherin. I was too confident, too cunning not to be. Merlin, I needed to break this cycle. I couldn't stand this much longer. Mentally, and apparently physically too when I noticed my fingers start to go numb at the thought. The thought of being trapped. Being a DeathEater. Following the Dark Lord. Both my forearms had gone numb to this point. Suddenly brought back, when the lady tailoring my robes caught my attention. "All done, deary." I nodded, giving her a soft smile.

  Turning on my heel, I walked towards the front of the store. Before getting too far, I turned my head again, looking at the two boys lots, now empty. I was too lost to notice that they had left. I carried my robe to the front. My mother had been waiting in a chair, reading the papers. Max came a couple moments later, and my mother sat up. She reached her delicate hands into her crossbody, and pulled out multiple gold coins. I laid mine and Max's robes on the counter. The cashier was handed the coins, and we exited the store. After we left, my mother turned the opposite way from us, to get our textbooks.

  The next stop was Ollivanders. Both me and my brother needed wands. Max walked into the store, me following close behind. Startled, by the bell ringing on the top of the entrance. We walked to the front counter rhythmically. After waiting for a bit, and shooting a couple quiete "Hello?" 's,  a man with white, matted hair came forwards on the ladder connected to the tall shelves holding countless of wands.

"Pleasure to meet you." the white haired man says slowly. He looked as though he was examining me. He was looking deep into my eyes and roaming his eyes down my hair. He must've recognized me too. "The Yaxley's, oh, how i've been waiting upon your arrival." He continued. He rolled back down the hallway, and started searching. Once he came back, he had two wands in his hands. He stepped down the ladder and made his way to us, slouching. "Try these..." he says, handing us the boxes. I look at the box, running my fingertips over the lettering on the side. It read, "Unicorn, Hornbeam, 11.1/2." I opened the box slowly.

The wand was beautiful. It had intricate detailing I loved. I picked the wand up in my delicate hands, and practiced what I learned in my textbooks. Swish, and flick. It was simple, honestly. Anyone who couldn't understand this didn't deserve to be at Hogwarts. The wand quivered in my hands. I loosened my grip, worried. The wand had jumped out of my hands and back into the box. So much for that. "That's alright dear, I'll go find you another." The one Ollivander had chose for Max worked for him just fine, I just needed mine.

He circled back around with another box. It was a deep red. Once he handed me the book. I looked at the lettering. "Phoenix, Cherry, 11" I pulled the want into my hands. This wand held tight in my grip. I felt the connection, this was my wand. "Wonderful! Ah, wonderful!" Said Ollivander, excitedly.

I put the wand into my jean pocket, and walked to the front. My mother had slipped me some galleons earlier, so I reached into my opposite pocket and placed them on the counter. I look at my brother, asking if he was ready to go. He nodded, and we left.