Intro

Greetings!

Thank you for taking a gander at reading this upcoming novella which is loosely inspired by the Prohibition era of the 1920s and though the setting itself leans towards Urban Fantasy. The only reason that I've been silent and inactive was because that I've regained the inspiration to write once more.

I've been typing and editing to mold this story to fit into some of the following prompts:

1. Sometimes words speak louder than actions.

15. "Why are you glowing blue?"

20. Three strangers. Two secrets. One key.

28. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

30. How to forgive a cheater 101.

51. A band discovers that their songs have the power to control minds, and they are determined to figure out how this power works... and how to use it.

60. "Look what you made me do" - Taylor Swift.

61. Your new car just might be the doorway to the underworld, and it needs more than gas to run.

70. "Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!" - Sons of The Desert (1933).

The narrative of the potential novella would be the illicit properties of the spirits, instead of alcohol being prohibited it would be magic potions and creatures. The type of Prohibition would be more about bootlegging illegal substances and mystic beings contained into vessels like bottles, crates or other containers. Souls of magical creatures are the source of exploitation to get consumers addicted to power and sorcery.

Sometimes words speak louder than actions.

The first prompt perfectly describes the protagonist's ability in particular. His ability to make bad poetry and soliloquys as a form of entertainment makes him the source of ridicule though he has somewhat refined his vocabulary along with his fiddling to somehow land an opportunity to play in a band.

A band discovers that their songs have the power to control minds, and they are determined to figure out how this power works... and how to use it.

Prompt 51 is the inciting incident; the band risk misusing their talents to captivate an audience and to attract unwanted attention from the criminal underworld who want to get their hands on them, specifically their newfound power to control minds.

"Look what you made me do." - Taylor Swift

Prompt 60 is what perfectly describes the plot which also serves as the main prompt. Expect messes, awful poetry and the main characters get into more trouble than they bargained for.