23 || M A R C I D

Marcid (adj.) ~ withered; incredibly exhausted

song of the chapter: How You Get The Girl ~ Taylor Swift

M A R I E L L E

I want to go home.

School is killing me. Like it genuinely makes me want to curl in a hole and die.

I don't know how some people enjoy school. It's just so depressing and tiring. I'm always exhausted by the time it's over and my brain is always hurting. If I die because of brain failure, I'm suing the school.

It's my first day back since New York, and I already hate it.

Timothy has the audacity to laugh at me like he knows my pain. He doesn't. And I think it's pretty inconsiderate of him to pretend like he does.

We're currently in Mrs. Abdi's room waiting for the bell to ring. Since she doesn't have a first block, we hang out in here till 8:20 when the first bell rings. My head is down with my hood up, and I can hear his terrifying laugh, and it's freaking me out.

"Shut up, Timothy," I mumble. That just makes him laugh even more.

Someone enters the room, but I don't look up to see who it is. Soon enough the smell of chocolate and pine fill my senses and my body relaxes into the seat. "What's wrong, milady?"

"Timothy's making fun of me," I say pouting as I lift my head to look up at him. His pretty green eyes stare down at me with an unidentifiable emotion.

He smiles a little smile at me, "Why is making fun of you?"

I shrug, "Cause he's a meanie."

He bends and places a soft kiss on my forehead. I melt. Into a big, fat puddle of goo. "I'm sorry, baby. Are you tired?" I nod my head yes. "My poor baby," He tells me in a soft voice.

"EWWWW!!" Timothy exclaims breaking the little bubble around Xander and I that we had created. "Stop being all Lovey-dovey. It's freaking me out."

Mrs. Abdi laughs, "Y'all are crazy. Also, when did that happen?" She wiggles her finger between Xander and I.

I blush and look down at my feet. My fingers pick at the bottom of my sweatshirt. Xander laughs like the loser he is and says, "She finally agreed when she was in New York."

I bury my head back into my arms. Mrs. Abdi and Miss Lee giggle at me. "How's the fiancé, Miss Lee?" I ask her hoping to take the spot light off of me. I hate being center of attention when it's more the a couple people.

This time it's her who gets flustered. "Good," She responds with a small smile. "Wedding planning is tiring though. Thank the Lord we're not having it till summer."

"A July wedding?" I ask her with a grin.

Lizzie giggles at my reference only few, elite people would get. "You're hopeless."

I shrug, "It's a good show."

Miss Lee, confused, laughs at us. "No, it's gonna be mid-August," She tells us.

Not long after the bell rings. We all get up and give them both a hug before getting our things and walking to our first blocks. Xander's arm slings around my shoulders as soon as we step out of the classroom.

"How much sleep did you get yesterday?" He asks me as we walk toward our first block. Lizzie and Timothy walk and talk to each other ahead of us.

I lean into his side a little bit, "I don't know, I slept in till about 10:30 and I went to bed last night around 11." My eyes are drooping a little bit the closer we get to class. Thankfully, Xander lets me  lean into him as we walk towards our statistics class together. We step into Mr. Hatcher's class and take our respected seats.