The Class Clown VS The Maths Teacher

I'm not really your average high schooler. The reason? I LOVE school, while everyone else HATES it. I don't know why they hate it, it's fun, and a great source of amusement. Even if that's not the MAIN reason for going to school.

"Emily looks so hilarious, walking up the stairs like that," I tell Izzy, my second best friend, and she laughs.

"Yeah, especially with the way she's holding a book, writing on another book, and still walking, people are gonna think she's a total NERD!"

That sends me into another fit of laughter, and I almost trip, which causes Izzy to laugh again, and when I look at her laughing, well, it's safe to say that we were lucky not to be told off by any of the teachers who, like us, were heading to their classes, because we were so loud that Emily even looked up at us from two flights of stairs below, glaring, as if telling me that we'd both be dead before the day was over.

At last, we reach the end of our journey, and I contemplate waiting for Emily, but then Izzy says, "I bet I'll reach the class before you do!" and that spurs my competitiveness, so I run after her.

"I'll reach it first!" I promise, and I'm getting ahead, the classroom door is right in front of me, but then she pushes me and sticks her tongue out while jumping.

The sight alone makes me laugh, and that's how Emily found us, like ten minutes later because she's so slow. "Both of you are INSANE!" she says.

"Hahaha, yeah, we are," I agree.

"Seriously, we're in class eight, have some shame!"

"Emily, you're so strict," I pout after recovering. "C'mon, loosen up a bit and relax."

"I wish I could, but you know that I have to be serious this year," she says.

"Look at me! I'm not serious at all, and I still get good grades!" I exclaim, and she sighs.

"I'm thirsty," Izzy says, but I shake my head.

"I have no water, and even if I did, I wouldn't give it because last time you finished all of my water and I nearly died, but I can totally go with you to the filter," I tell her, and she grasps my hand, pulling me towards the staircase before I can even do so much as blink.

Once we're on the fourth floor, she gets the glass, rinses it and fills it with water, and then gulps it all down. She proceeds to slam the glass onto the table without washing it, and slightly concerned (not really), I ask, "Aren't you going to like, wash it?"

"Nah," she says. "I'm probably the only one who's too lazy to bring their own water bottle anyways."

I laugh. "Yeah, you're too lazy."

We head back to class, and I blush when my crush, Nathaniel, walks out of it. He's a new student, but his good looks intrigued me so much that I even based a character off his looks, but I sort of want to know the personality too, so in my eyes, I don't really have a crush on him. No matter what Izzy says.

Usually, someone's heart would beat faster when they encounter their crush, but my heart rate remained the same. I mean, yeah, in assembly he was pretty close to me, but I felt nothing. In fact, when I started thinking about it too much, I started worrying and getting anxious. So yeah, it's just lust.

But then again, I haven't really been feeling ANY emotions lately -because I turned that feature off (yeah, I got Xiabu's mindset of a robot alien)- so he COULD be my crush... Whatever. Shaking my head, I walk into the class. That topic could wait for another time. Right now, I needed to concentrate on...

Drawing out my schedule, I groan as I see what class it'd be now. Mathematics B. I hated the subject because it was boring, and the teacher because she doesn't explain things properly, and she's boring herself. And because of this things she does, where she'll tell us to do some question, and then when I'm HALFWAY through doing it, she'll do it on the board so I have to cross my thing out and write HER solution instead. Like, what the fuck?! What's the damn point of telling US to do it if she'll do it ANYWAYS?

At least I didn't bring the textbook, because that heavy thing takes up too much space and I'm better off WITHOUT it as the teacher writes the questions on the board. Another reason why I despise her is because even though we don't need to OPEN the book, if someone doesn't have the bloody thing lying open on their desk, she'll ask them WHY. Yeah, she's crazy...

Everyone stands up, and I hurriedly do so. The teacher signals for us all to sit, and I open my copy to a fresh page and write the date.

"After class, I will collect all the homework," she says, and as usual...

Tyler's loud voice comes from the back of the class, as he shouts, "Miss, I forgot to bring my homework!"

"If you do not submit it by tomorrow, I will cut your marks," the teacher says angrily. She's angry because Tyler always somehow forgets his homework, or didn't do it, or was absent, and so on. I wonder how he manages to be in the top three students from our class with that attitude. And he's not like that just for this subject- it's in almost EVERY subject! I'm STILL waiting for the day when he'll say that on the way to school, a dog ATE his homework.

By now she's recovered from that heart attack inducing anger, and has started writing on the board. I quickly write everything down, somehow managing to have NICE handwriting, when Emily, who writes SLOWLY, has worse handwriting than when I just don't feel like writing nicely. Oh, the irony...

"Now, does everyone understand?"

Before I can say that I don't, mainly because I WASN'T listening to her BORING explanation that makes no sense and could actually send someone to SLEEP, Tyler shouts, "Miss! I don't understand! Where did X come from?"

Everyone laughs as the teacher impatiently explains it all over again while Tyler is occupied by talking to his friends. The teacher finishes, and he glances at her. "Oh, I'm sorry," he says, all fake, with a smirk on his face, "I wasn't listening."

This time the teacher gets very angry, and with a stern tone, says, "Tyler King! I have had enough of your insolent behaviour! From today onwards, you're on classroom cleanup duty."

Tyler merely smiles and tilts his head to the side a little. "Oh? But you're not my class teacher."

The teacher looks ready to explode with fury as she says, "Just watch, I'll talk to her."

The next day the teacher enters the classroom and announces a surprise test. The classroom fills with whispers and murmurs, people asking each other for help or commenting on how this will be their death (exactly what I was doing), and last but not least, Tyler's whining can be heard.

"But Miss! This topic was only started last week! You can't take a test!"

"And you can't tell me what to do or not do, Tyler," she says coldly, still pissed from yesterday. "Or are you worried that you can't pass it?"

Tyler throws his head back and laughs, as if the very thought of him failing a Maths test was ludicrous. "Of course I can pass it, I always get good grades in Maths. In fact, last year the teacher told me that I was her best student, and-"

"Alright, alright," she says, interrupting him. "Let's start the test."

As the surprise test begins, tension fills the air and the sound of pens scratching against paper was the only sound in the room as everyone was too nervous to talk.

I glance at Tyler and see that he's already written on both sides of the paper and is getting another one, while I've barely used half of the page despite having finished most of the questions. Something tells me that this is not because of the difference in our handwriting size, and I complete the last question anxiously.

All the classes are finished, and honestly, I couldn't be more exhausted. I approach Emily as Izzy's already left- she always leaves early, but then I see her talking to someone ELSE. Yeah, she's a free human being and can talk to WHOEVER she wants, but would it KILL her to talk to ME?

Author's Note: Yeah, I'm finally writing an original story instead of Fanfiction. This story is co-written by 'Izzy' and I, and most of it is actually based off my school day and life. Most of the characters are also based off my classmates and people I met in school, even the teachers are! If you enjoyed this, don't forget to vote/heart, comment, add to your library, and share!