Chapter 4

You awaken from your slumber as the alarm goes off. You groan as you look at the time. You had decided to get to school early today. Hopefully to find an open net available before everyone comes. You got ready per usual and started rummaging through some boxes you haven't unboxed yet. "Where is it?" you groaned. You rejoiced as you finally found what you were looking for.

"Yes!" you said. You pulled out the volleyball you had packed away. You remember using this all the time with Daichi.

You squeeze and spin it around for a little bit, it has a good amount of air to play with still.  You grabbed your bag in a hurry, volleyball in hand and made your way to school.

                                      **✿❀ ❀✿**

You remembered a specific gym that had a volleyball net already up that your principal showed to you on your first day. After taking a wrong left or two, you finally found the gym you were looking for. The doors were luckily wide open and the net was still freshly set up. You take your blazer off and place your bag down. You roll up your sleeves and begin to restore your volleyball skills.

You make your way to the end line, spinning the volleyball around, and hitting it to the ground a few times. You finally hold it right before you, with your other arm ready to swing. You took a few steps back and got into position.

You sped and walked over to the line as you jumped and hit the ball forcefully. As it spun in the air, it successfully got over to the other side of the net. You silently cheered to yourself before you ran across the gym to retrieve the ball.

You start passing and spiking to yourself via the wall. Starting with a pass, set, then spike to the wall. You had forgotten how much fun volleyball was. You switched between serving and testing your skills at the wall, while also keeping an eye on the time too.

After switching between the wall and the net. You decided to start packing up to leave so you wouldn't get caught. The adrenaline rush of volleyball had gotten you to inevitably
decide to try serving the ball one last time.

Getting into the same stance as always you jumped up and spiked the ball over the net, getting yourself another perfect serve.

"You know this is the boys' volleyball court right?" someone said to the right of me. I froze and didn't know who that was. You slowly turned to see who this guy was. He had already walked over to the net and picked up the ball you had served.

You walked closer to where he was. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know, I just wanted to" you bowed but were cut off "That was a pretty great serve you got there." The mystery guy says looking down on you. He had walked over to you amidst your apologizing. You looked at me, studying his physique, and lord was he tall.

"Oh thank you, again I'm sorry I was just testing if-" He again cuts you off. "You should try out for the girls' volleyball team." "I was about to say that but yes I am thinking of trying out," you said back.

"I just don't think I'll be as good as others to make it in," you said. "Are you kidding, that was one hell of a good serve, I'm sure you'll get in." You went to grab your things while saying "I don't know, and sorry again for using this gym."

You were about to head out before the mystery guy said "Wait, show me more of your skills, tryouts are soon. This will be practice for you now that you have someone to practice with."

You took a minute to think about it, tryouts were this afternoon after all, might as well get as much practice in as you can before this afternoon. "Uhh sure, if you don't mind that is," you said softly.

You set your bag down and made your way to the very tall mystery guy. As you take off your blazer and roll up your sleeves you ask, "What is your name by the way?" "The names Kuroo nice to meet you, and you are?" "Name is Sawamura Y/n," you bowed. "Nice to meet you Sawamura, now I'm still curious about how good your skills are," he winked. 

You laughed off the small remark and made your way to center court. He follows and taps on your shoulder, you turn and he says, "Let's see what your receives are like."
You just nodded and got into the receiving position. "Ah, so you're aware of the position you go in for receives?" "Yeah, I've been playing volleyball since I was young, my older brother taught me everything I know about this sport," you smiled, remembering the good times you had spent with Daichi.

"That's good you already know the drill then," he chuckled. "Most aren't aware of how the sport works at first when they try out, or at least that's what the girls' volleyball coach complains about," Kuroo adds. You pretty shocked, you assumed that it would be a very competitive school, especially when it came to sports. "So do you think I have a chance of getting in," you questioned. "Well that serve of yours was prety good, and you said you have been playing sinc eoyu were a kid," Kuroo asked.

You nodded and Kuroo responds with, "Then I'd say you chance of getting in is definitely high, I've heard that the girls here that usually try out do for the fun of it, volleyball is pretty popular here." "Yeah, I bet it is, but thank you for the feedback," you nodded.

"No problem, hey want to show me some of your spikes," Kuroo asks. You were about to repsond until the bell had interupted you. "Ah shit I may have lost track of time, I got to get to class," Kuroo states before speed walking to the boys locker room. You did the same, you  started gathering up your things. Before Kuroo went to go change in the locker room he says, "Hey good luck with tryouts later today." While putting your blazer back on you thanked him as he sprinted out of the door. You too made your way out the door to your first class of the day. As you opened the doro to the classroom your teacher goes, "You are late Sawamura!" You simply bowed as an apology and your teacher pointed for you to sit down already.

You took your seat and took out a notebook. But you couldn't get today's tryouts out of your mind. Thinking back to the very kind boy who had boosted your moral in the gym. You recall his name, "Kuroo."

Note: sorry for those who have actually read my book, here is the long awaited chapter 4. Will try to work on the next chapter as soon as I can. (Shout out to my bubs Elly and Michee for the motivation)