Firsts

Fantasia's POV 

January 12th, 11: 20pm 

Fantasia: Oh my goodness, I can not believe it, wow!

The caller on the other side, chuckles slightly before responding to Fantasias joy. 

Oprah W: Oh my, Congratulations dear, the journey has been long, but you stuck it out and I couldn't be more proud. I have to let you know that this was always yours, between Blitz and I, we always knew it was going to be you, no one is more deserving, congratulations sweetheart, welcome along! 

I couldn't believe it, here I was on the phone with Oprah Winfrey jumping for joy over this role, over this character, that I trained and auditioned  months for. The same character that I swore I'd never play again. Yet here I am. God I hope I'm doing the right thing. I can't go back to that place I was in while on broadway. Please let this be the right thing, God only knows how much I need things to go right. 

Fantasia: Thank you so much Ms. O, your words are always so encouraging, I truly thank you for this opportunity, I'm so ready to get started! ... I think 

Oprah W: well that is always good to hear, set dates and times as well as all of the important paperwork will be sent over to your team ASAP, as soon as they are signed and returned we are all set, thank you immensely for all your hard work Fantasia, see you on set!

Fantasia: Yes ma'am, bright n early, I joke  bye bye Ms.O, you be safe!

Oprah W: You too dear, bye bye!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 month later [ 2:30 am ]

Today is the day, it will be my first official day on set, I can't decide what it is that I'm feeling,  am I scared am I anxious am I excited, do I just need to pee, my goodness it might be all of the above.  I will also be sitting at the table with the entire cast for the first time today. So many first today, first day on set, first day of greetings, my first major role, aint my God good! "amen" I say lowly to myself with a slight smile on my face.

 My babies were still asleep as it was a 4 am call time, but I just have  to see them before I leave.  I enter Keziahs' room first, her unicorn nightlight providing a much needed guide through the toys she was supposed to pick up last night. I can't be mad though, she suckered me out of doing it and I knew it. I safely make it to her bed and bend down placing a soft kiss on her forehead. I stand there a moment taking her in, she's so beautiful and fills my heart with so so much joy. Its kind of bittersweet sometimes because it makes me think back to when my oldest was this size, "whew how time flies" I say quietly, and careful make my way out of the room as to not wake my sleeping beauty, and to keep from breaking a leg. I walk across the hall into my baby boys room. His, aside from a few pieces of clothes, was much cleaner, I was so proud of him! I make my way to the bed and repeat the same act by placing a soft kiss on his forehead, but this time I linger a moment, I find myself standing there, my forehead to his, listening to his breathing. I felt a tinge of sadness, he was growing so fast and I know these past couple months he's dealt with a lot, I just wish I could take all his worries away. I place another kiss and whisper the words I love you to him, I love doing that, although they can never hear me, I know those whispered words will always cover and carry them. I hurry back downstairs, thank my house helpers, grab my things and get in the car. "Lord please cover them, cover me and this production." Lets Go! 

I make it to set about an hour early, I park in my designated spot and make my way out of the car, I am greeted by a gentlemen to guide me to my trailer. The sun isn't up yet, so the bright lights inside the trailer temporarily blind me, as I adjust, and things become clear, I make a slight frown looking around the room, "What the hell ?"  "Heyyy Girl, I'm Danielle!" "Lol, girl stop playing you know I know who you are, come here gorgeous", I open my arms wide urging her closer, once she makes it, I squeeze tightly.  "Heyy mama! How are you, how is everything, you looking this good at 4 o clock in the morning ? I say with an upturned lip. She lightly smacks my arm before walking me towards the couch. " Oh sis stop it, and come talk to me". We did just that for about 40 minutes before we heard the door begin to open. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Heyyyy to anyone who's made it here and is reading!! Thank you so muchhh!!!

How are we liking it so far? How do we feel about the formatting? annddd does it seem too wordy, I want to be detailed to help express their personalties and emotions more thoroughly, but I don't wanna be too wordy yk? 

Lmk what ya think 😉