30 | Taehyung

I stare up at Jisoo's office building, thinking back to the last time I was here

I stare up at Jisoo's office building, thinking back to the last time I was here. I'd come to pick her up because I needed a present for Irene's birthday, and she'd been more distant than usual.

Perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but could it be that she was acting that way because she didn't want me to marry Irene? I shake my head and run a hand through my hair as I walk in.

Lately, my mind has been a mess. Perhaps it's all been cognitive dissonance, a way of convincing myself that there really could be something there between Jisoo and me... or maybe there's some truth to my suspicions.

The lady at the reception desk rises to her feet when I walk in, her eyes widening. "Mr. Kim," she says, sounding surprised.

"Hello. I apologize for barging in unexpectedly. Could you tell me where I can find my wife?"
She smiles then and points at one of the doors.

"Jisoo is in her office." I nod in thanks and push Jisoo's office door open, my smile melting off my face at the scene in front of me.

My darling wife is standing by the window, her face inches from Kim Seokjin's, a famous fashion designer who is far too fucking handsome for his own good.

What in the fuck am I walking in on here? Why the fuck is he standing so close to her? A rush of pure violence courses through me as he looks up at me.

Jisoo's hands are on his shirt, and she steps back when she sees me, putting some distance between them.

"Taehyung?" She sounds shocked, as if I'm interrupting something, and jealousy uncurls in my stomach.

I grit my teeth and walk up to her, my arm wrapping around her waist as I pull her into me roughly.

Her eyes widen and I smile at her despite my anger, my free hand wrapping into her hair.

"Chu," I say through gritted teeth.

She looks up at me, her eyes filled with questions. "What are you doing here?" Her voice is soft and carries a hint of confusion.

I thought she might be happy to see me, but it's clear that she's not. Perhaps I'm not the only one with lingering connections from the past.

I smile humorlessly as I tighten my grip on her hair and lean in, my nose brushing against her.

"Why? Can't I surprise my wife at work?" I ask, my voice loud enough for Kim Seokjin to hear me calling her my wife.

Then I lean in further, my lips brushing over hers. Jisoo inhales sharply, and I capture her bottom lip between my teeth for a moment, sucking down on it before I tilt my head to kiss her fully.

She melts against me as my tongue brushes over her lips, opening up for me. Fucking hell. I don't think I'll ever get tired of kissing her, of claiming her as mine.