{ I }

{ I:I }

The warm afternoon sky was a crystal-clear blue, clouds like fluffy white pillows and the golden sun a glowing halo in the diamond-like sky. Pink cherry blossom petals drifted from the Japanese cherry trees and the air carried a soft, sweet, rather pleasant smell. The glass exterior of the towering school for heroes reflected the colors of the coming autumn morning and the students it housed were brimming with excitement for the upcoming breaks. Izuku Midoriya smiled, the spry young teen with dark forest green hair skipping giddily down the walkway after her friends. She was stopped dead in her tracks though as she had caught sight of spikey ash blonde hair, the familiar, taller male teen stalking past with a scowl engraved into his face.   

Though she knew better, Midoriya smiled and sprinted after him. She jumped and wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist in a quick fashion.

"Kacchan!", she squealed in delight, constricting around him like a snake, refusing to let go of her childhood friend. Katsuki Bakugo grunted, startled and confused at first before quickly switching to irritable and aggressive as he spun around on his heel to slam the girl into the wall, jarring her loose as she fell to the jagged asphalt.  

 The fuck are you playing at, Deku?", the blonde male snapped as he turned to face her. He blinked, shocked to find the girl crying as she stared at the blood coating her dainty fingers. He hadn't meant to initially hurt her. Forgetting his own strength, the damn nerd was bleeding yet again.

"Why do you hate me so much, Kacchan...?", she cried, staring up at him with those big doe eyes, tears sparkling like crystals in her glassy green gaze. Bakugo stared back, his own crimson red glare blank. He didn't even get the chance to answer her before she took off, dashing back through the school doors into the main building. Bakugo debated following her but knew better. Scoffing at her dramatic exit, he turned and continued on his way, angry, as always.

Midoriya meanwhile, fled through the now empty halls. She paid no attention to the tilted heads and odd stares she got as she flew past, almost skidding into the doorframe as she bolted into one of the empty classrooms. Finding herself a darker corner, she sat down to cry. This was actually rather normal. Bakugo may have been her friend when they were children, but much had changed since then. Bakugo was different. Meaner, hateful, a bully towards her. She couldn't understand why. Midoriya on the contrary admired him to no end. To her, he was everything, the sun, moon and stars. She believed him when he said he would become one of the greatest heroes of all time. She only wished he'd be kinder. To see her like he did so long ago.

Midoriya was so lost in her mottled thoughts and mixed feelings that she didn't even hear the soft padding of steps as a tall, elegant figure slipped into the room she had bunkered down in. Following the sound of pitiful sobs to the far corner of the room by the window, they paused, standing a little ways away. Midoriya yelped when she suddenly noticed the shadow looming over her, quickly looking up to meet the male's heterochromic gaze.

T-Todoroki...?", the girl sniffled, relaxing as soon as she recognized the quiet teen. The male lowered himself to the ground, resting in a crouched position in front of her, the sun through the window casting him a warm glow, split colored bangs swaying daintily in front of his face, his voice smooth as glass when he spoke.

What happened...?", he asked, vague hints of concern in his never changing gentle tone. He was gazing at the blood being smeared against the wall from Midoriya's back. Midoriya lowered her gaze, quiet for a moment before she finally answered the regal teen.