{ IX }

{ IX:I }

Hours passed as Midoriya felt a drift in the endless sea of nothingness where she longed to stay. She stirred only to be met by a dull aching pang as she slowly rolled on to her side. Her brain was foggy and her memory of what had happened before out of reach as she tried to drag herself out of sleep. She opened her eyes but nothing made sense, the girl blinking to flush away the hazy blur in her vision and gain her bearings.

Gentle hands cupped themselves around hers, stone grey and fiery turquoise eyes coming into focus as they gazed worriedly back at her. Midoriya managed a smile, softly kissing the familiar male’s nose.

“Heya Icy-hot...", she cooed drowsily, squeezing his hand. Todoroki sighed softly in relief, giving her a warm smile as he placed gentle kisses to her hand. Bakugo relaxed in his seat, Midoriya catching sight of the ash blonde from the corner of her eye and watching as the male was put at ease upon seeing her awake.

"You scared us... Are you okay...?", Todoroki asked softly. Midoriya gave an apologetic look as she leaned into his touch. She didn’t think she was out of for long, but lord knows as she was only starting to gain back full consciousness, her memory slowly returning.

"I think so...", the green haired girl answered softly as she forced herself to sit up, accepting the regal teen’s help in supporting her. Everything was sore, her head throbbing as it all came rushing back at once now like the blood flowing through her veins. She groaned and rubbed her temple. "Where is Iida...?", she asked as she recalled being in his arms in particular last among other things.

"I think he's with the baby... beating himself up over what he'd done...", Shoto answered, his steady gaze on her. Midoriya stared before suddenly moving to be on her feet. She fell off the bed instead from moving too fast too soon, Bakugo catching her by the arm before she hit the ground as he pulled back upright.

"I need to talk to him... I wanna see my baby..:”, the girl grunted, panting as she held onto the ash blonde.

"Okay... But let us help you there...", Todoroki answered in concern, coming forward to gently support her from the other side. Midoriya sighed and nodded, allowing them as they made their way down the bustling hall, bypassing doctors and other patients till they finally made it to the door on the very end.

Iida was inside, his dark silhouette standing over a small crib set against the wall by the window as his royal blue gaze watched over the sleeping infant. Coming closer, Midoriya could see the haze of guilt hanging in his eyes as he stood as stiff and still as a stone guardian on a castle's pillar, his hands clutching the crib’s rail so tight that his knuckles were starting to turn white.

"Iida”, Midoriya called his name softly, straightening off from her lover’s support slightly as she took a step forward. The tall male raised his head in response, gaze tracking to where the voice had come from as it fell onto her. He threw on a soft smile to hide the internal war that was being waged behind those azure eyes as he called her name softly in return, his deep voice soft as a rolling stream.

“Midoriya..."

“You did nothing wrong...", she reminded him. I know you too well to be fooled by my own trick". She was trying to be assertive and stern even though she felt she was going to stumble and fall. Iida frowned closing his eyes as he gave a heavy sigh.

"I wasn’t thinking clearly... I acted first and out of anger... And this time I’ve actually killed someone... The Hero Killer was right... I’m no different from him...”, the male answered gaze drifting to the crib again.