#O4 ☆ Flowers

2 days had passed since you had your first check-up with Gaolang Wongsawat. You finally finished the revision of his odd dietary file and it was time to meet up with him once more.

You opened the door to your office whilst carrying a small flower pot you had brought along from your house.

You avidly enjoyed flowers and caring for them. Things at the office would often get a little boring once you'd completed all your work, so you decided you'd bring flowers along and re-decorate the place a little.

You gently placed the pot by the window behind you. You stepped back, admiring the sunlight that lightly kissed the petals of the (favorite flower).

Suddenly, you jumped as a voice spoke to greet you a goodmorning.

Turning around, you met eyes with Gaolang Wongsawat.

"G-Good morning, Mr. Wongsawat. Please have a seat." You said. His expression remained unphased as he sat on the chair opposite to yours behind the desk.

As you opened a drawer to find his files, Gaolang randomly stated out the name of your favorite flowers. You raised your head, confused.

"Pardon?"
"Are those (favorite flower) you have behind you?"

Your eyebrows raised in realization, turning your head to look at the flowers.

"Oh, yes. They are." You replied, finally bringing out his files.

"You like flowers, Mr. Wongsawat?" You asked. He looked at you.

"Yes."  He replied with a slight smile.

You and Gaolang Wongsawat spent that morning discussing his diet and also helping treat his wounds. It was 80% of you talking, 10% him nodding and 10% him replying.

You weren't much of a talker either but this man beat you at it, especially with his unchanging gaze.

"Alright, we're done for the day." You smiled. He nodded and lifted himself up his chair. Suddenly, both of your watches rung.

You looked at eachother.

"Uhm, it's lunch now. Would you like to go together?" You said. He nodded as he turned off the alarm on his watch.

Gaolang opened the office door open for you, letting you leave first. He followed behind you shortly after.

It felt rather odd walking next to him. He was a lot taller and bigger than you. You were used to working for athletes and martial artists, but you were now working for the best boxer representing Thailand.

You both arrived at the cafeteria. Gaolang was about to order his usual but he remembered that he was now supposed to follow his new diet. He looked at you.

"You can get it. Your last meal." You said. He nodded and mouthed a "thank you".

He pulled back your brown chair, allowing you to seat yourself first before he followed. Suddenly, someone rushed and sat in his place.

"YOSHAAA! I BEAT YOU TO YOUR OWN SEAT, GAOLANG!" The spiky-haired man you had once met once more appeared before you. Gaolang's expression changed into a displeased and annoyed one.

Gaolang decided to just pull an unoccupied chair to the table.

"It's good to see you Mr. Paing." You greeted. His eyebrow raised.

"Just call me Saw Paing! I'm calling you Y/N anyway too!" Saw Paing replied in his usual loud and rowdy voice. Gaolang rubbed his temples, unamused. Ironically, this amused you. You found it a little funny.

Saw paing chatted his head off, endlessly talking the entire lunch time away. You and Gaolang would often catch a glimpse of eachother and your eyes both spoke what was never said out loud.

"This guy never stops talking."

Gaolang finished his meal. Still chewing, be stood up from his chair.

"Aw, Gaolang you're finished already?! I mean, that's good! WE CAN FINALLY SPAR! OH YEAH, IM HYPED UP NOW!!! LETS GO!!!" Saw Paing yelled. Gaolang choked on the food he was trying to chew and swallow. You handed him a water bottle that he accepted and drank from to clear his throat.

Suddenly, one of the king's assistants came up  and informed you and Gaolang that you both were needed at a room for a meeting that was to be held in about 30 minutes.

You and Gaolang both excused yourselves and began walking together, following the assistant that led you both to the room the meeting was being conducted in.

You finally reached the big doors of the room but weren't allowed to enter yet. You two had to wait some time for whatever reason.

Your eyes scanned the huge palace. It was silent until you spoke up.

"It's getting a bit easier to get used to this place." You said. Gaolang hesitated to reply but he did anyway.

"I couldn't relate to your struggle. I've been serving the king and working here everyday for what has felt like my whole life."

A barrier of silence fell between the both of you. Once more, you broke it.

"Is it nice?" You muttered. His head turned to look at you.

"What?"
"Is it nice always being here?"

...

"The king has provided me with more than anyone else ever has. I am eternally grateful to his highness." Gaolang spoke. You stared at your shoes as your feet fiddled, swaying back and forth by your heel. You decided to no longer speak further. Gaolang however, opened his mouth seemingly wanting to say more. Unfortunately, the door creaked open and you two were called in to enter. He had you enter first before he followed.

The room had bookshelves and shelves with items that were encased with glass. They all looked very valuable. There was a medium-sized table in the middle where Rama VIII sat near, crocheting some red yarn.

You and Gaolang bowed to show respect.
"Take a seat." Rama VIII said. You both sat yourselves down.

The king's slanted snake-like eyes closed as he smiled.

The meeting ended after about an hour. Gaolang quickly disappeared from your sight after leaving the sparkly room. You sighed.

You spent some time organizing documents within your office before deciding to head out to the palace garden and greenhouse to take a look at the scenery and get a feel of the plants.

Your heels clacked, echoing through the large halls of the royal building. Finally reaching the door that led to your destination, you creaked it open and snuck inside.

There were a variety of plants and greenery. You feasted your eyes on its natural beauty. Suddenly, a voice takes you aback.

"Ms. (L/N)." Gaolang spoke, frightening you. You quickly turned around and met eyes.

"Ah, good afternoon, Mr. Gaolang." You replied. You realized he was holding a watering can.

"Good afternoon. You're blocking the way of the Peonies I am intending to water." He spoke. Your eyebrows raised and you moved aside.

"You like plants, Mr. Gaolang?" You asked. He simply nodded. You smiled. His gaze remained away from you.

You looked at the watch on your wrist. Your shift was over. You were about to clock off and leave until Gaolang suddenly spoke up.

"Peonies can grow very large. They are delicate and can be difficult to care for." He said.

"Oh really? How so?" You led on the conversation. From there on, Gaolang talked endlessly about plants. He spoke like he had a real passion for taking care of them.

You two ended up touring the whole area while talking, eventually exiting together. It had gone way past your clock-off time now. It seemed Gaolang had noticed that too.

Clearing his throat, he adjusted his tie.
"I apologize for keeping you occupied." He said. You shook your head.

"It's alright. It's almost dinner time anyway." You said. He looked at you almost as if he was expecting you to invite him.

"Would you like to have dinner with me, Mr. Gaolang?"