Chapter 5: Jet

Should I slap Kay/0 again?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV, JETT.

Room 116, right? That's Chain's room.

Chain? It... it's really you isn't it?

I was suspicious when you mentioned you liked baseball, and how you looked exactly like an older version of him.

But then, y-you said my name.

Only Brimstone knows my real name here, and beyond that, I've only told it to one other person.

You, Chain. Back at the facility.

I... Still cherish those days too much. I still cherish you.

If it's really you Chain, I need those days back.

Please.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV CHANGE, CHAIN.

LCD Soundsystem is such a good artist.

It's a lot different in terms of style and sound to The Strokes, but it's still so good.

I've only listened to Dance Yrself Clean and All My Friends, but I'm definitely exploring all their work the way I did with the Strokes.

...

I really need that guitar and piano to arrive, it'll help decorate the room and it'll be nice learning to play these songs. Maybe make my own.

Kay/0 and I could have one of those campfire meetings we always used to have.

Good times...

*Knock*

*Knock*

I pause my music and rest the tablet on my nightstand, next to the baseball.

"Come in." I say, sitting on the bed.

It's Jett.

I... I can use this to get closer with her. Like I did with Phoenix. This is good, just start talking with her-

"Han Sunwoo." She says, "Y-You knew her from the facility, r-right?"

Huh? How does she know that, she... She looks like she's about to burst into tears.

"Yes, I did know her from that. How did you know?"

Her eyes dart around my room, they start to tear up when she looks at my nightstand.

Is she okay, I... I really need to console her don't I?

"You pl-played baseball with her, right? All those years ago?" How does she know this, w-wait, is she?

"I did." She can't be, they're faces are really similar looking at it. And we went through the same portal to this place! Sh-She can't be...

"We played with that baseball together." She starts crying and looks up to me, "All those years ago, with you speaking to me in Korean."

N-No.

I feel tears running down my face.

"Jet. With only one T." I say to her, "Han-Sunwoo."

She nods and runs into me, a big hug.

I-I hug her back.

When was the last time I cried this much, sh-she's alive. She's here! In front of me!