PART 19

"I always thought he was the hero of my story. Even after knowing his worst side, I never thought he would harm me. Because he was too good to be true, so loving, so caring, and, so full of me. I had started falling for him again, and this time, for the real him. But maybe I was never going to be happy in my life. Maybe all of this was a hideous lie, covered in the most beautiful jewels and roses of all times..."

"Three, two, one. Happy birthday, my love!"

"Thank you so much, my baby doll", Taehyung said with a boxy smile and kissed her passionately.

"I can't believe that you're thirty already", she said with a nostalgic smile on her face.

"I'm not that old, to be honest. And you are going to turn thirty too, in less than a month", he said whining cutely.

She chuckled heartily. He pulled her into his arms and cupped her cheeks.

"You know, you have the most precious smile in the world", he said, looking at her lovingly.

"I'm always going to smile like this for you, Bun", she said, flashing another smile in his direction.

"Your smile is worth dying for", he said, leaning closer to her, and kissing her nose.

'I wonder how you will react when you open the gift', the thought made her blush.

He started kissing her jaw and his lips reached her neck. Her eyes widened.

'You cannot get needy today, Taehyung', she thought and backed off.

He frowned as she moved away from him.

"Is there something wrong", he asked worriedly.

She smiled nervously.

"No, Taehyung. It's just, that I can't wait to see your reaction when you open my gift", she said shyly.

"What's the gift, honey", he asked smirking teasingly.

"You'll see", she said playfully.

He picked up the box from the table and looked at it curiously. He shook it a bit but couldn't guess it. Ara started to record his reaction.

"I can't guess it. I have to open it then", he said, cutely.

He started to open the wrapping paper and then opened the box. Inside, he saw a very small T-shirt. He was baffled. But then he gave a big smile.

"Is it for Tannie", he asked excitedly, his eyes lighting up from gusto.

She smacked her forehead.

"Tae, do you really think that I would gift you something for Tannie on your birthday?"

"But this T-shirt is too small for me", he said innocently.

"You're such a kid, Taehyung", she said disappointedly.

"Wait. There's a letter inside this box. Is it for me", he asked elatedly.

"Yes, baby", she said, regaining the hope that he might get the news accurately this time.

"Thank you", he said adorably.

"Quick quick. Read it now", she said with a smile.

"Dear Dadda,

I will be here in another 6 months to give you sleepless nights. I will irritate you a lot. And you will have to wash me and my dirty diapers. I would love to accompany you everywhere once I'm here in the world. I'll make sure to cry all the time so that you cannot get even a moment of sleep and peace. All the best for that.

With love,

Baby."

She looked at him with high hopes that he would have understood what the letter meant to convey.

"Who wrote this type of threatening message to me, huh", he shouted angrily.

She lost her calm.

"How can you be so dumb, Taehyung? Obviously, I wrote it, but it's from the one who's going to come. Couldn't you understand one simple thing from all this? I'm pregnant", she burst at him.

"What?"

He had just got the biggest shock of his life.

"Yes, I am. It has already been two months, and I was preparing to surprise you today. But you are so dumb for that. Who even thinks like that, Tae", she scolded him.

"Is this true", he asked once again, unable to believe his ears.

"Yes, it is", she said.

He started crying badly.

"What's wrong, Taehyung?"

"Nothing, I am just so happy", he said, crying badly.

"Aww, my Baby", she said and hugged him tightly.

"Are we going to become parents", he asked her naively.

"Yes, Tae. And you will be such a good Dad, won't you", she smiled at him.

He wiped his tears and smiled back.

"I will be the best Dad", he said sincerely.

"I trust you, sweetheart", she said.

"So, can I touch your belly", he asked softly.

"Obviously. Wanna talk to the baby", she asked.

"Yes, let's goo", he said childishly and picked her up in his arms.

"I can walk, Taehyung."

"I won't let you walk on your own from now. You deserve to be kept with utmost care now, my love. After all, you're bringing our first child into this world", he said lovingly.

He said it with such sincerity that tears came into her eyes. He panicked.

"Did I say something wrong? I am very sorry Sweetheart", he said anxiously.

"You're so loving and sweet, Taehyung. What did I do to get such a perfect husband", she asked.

"You made me so nervous right now, Ara", he said with a smile. "You deserve the best and the most precious things of this world, Love. And I will try my best to give you all of that", he said, nuzzling into her neck, making her giggle.

"I love you, Taehyung."

"I love you, Ara."