Killer Podcast and A Runaway

ROMERO

I slammed the door to my office shut, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

"Can you fucking calm down?" Stefan grumbled from behind me, kicking something with his foot. "You're pissing me the fuck off and I don't wanna beat your pretty boy face in."

I gave him a hard look over my shoulder, my hands fisting by my side. He threw his head back and laughed, as he shrugged his suit jacket off.

"Alright Don," he said, rolling his sleeves up. "Take all your resentment out on your baby brother."

"No," I ground out, shaking my head and fisting the neck of a whiskey bottle.

Stefan tilted his head, a grim smile stretching his lips. "Why not? Is that reserved for your pretty little fiance only?"

My head snapped up and a sudden urge to grab him and choke whatever life the motherfucker had left in him.

"Don't," I warned, my voice rough to my own ears.

A whine left Stefan as he settled on the couch. "Why the fuck not?"

"Because," I said and perched myself on the edge of my desk. "We have our father's murder to plan, you dense little shit."

"Ah," he said, nodding along. "Let's start our own podcast then, shall we?"

"How to kill your father: 101 with the Russo brothers."

"That title fucking sucks," came a deep drawl from the doorway.

Stefan jumped up with his gun drawn and I too straightened, my hand on my gun.

Domenico peeked his head in a moment later, his forehead beaded with sweat, his short hair glistening in the light.

"Silent bitch," Stefan muttered, sliding his gun back in his hostler. "Give a guy a warning next time, how about that Dom?"

"Would you like some cookies with that too?" Domenico asked him, his voice laced with sweetness that didn't fit him.

My face screwed up in the most disgusted frown I could manage. "Can you two little boys stop it?" I snapped. "I have important things to tend to."

"Right," Domenico said as he stepped inside, his gigantic frame taking over half of my office.

"Is it just me or does he get taller every day?" Stefan drawled, causing Domenico's eyes to whirl to him in an instant - suspiciousness in the pale blue orbs.

"Worried you're developing a size kink?" He asked my brother as he leaned against one of my bookshelves.

"No," Stefan smirked. "I'm worried you're feeding Karina's too much."

Domenico's eyes went from amused annoyance to murderous intent in a matter of seconds.

I took a deep breath and looked down, silenty praying to whoever my guardian demon was that he'd let me make it out of this room without any additional problems.

"Do not," I said calmly. "Start fighting."

Domenico stiffened as he eyed me and Stefan just shook his head at the bodyuard.

"Look at him," he said gesturing to Domenico's ginaormous frame. "He's like a giant aggressive monkey who can't wait to strike its next victim with its ugly little grabbers."

Domenico sighed and closed his eyes, his hand fiddling with the bracelet he'd worn around his wrists for the past two years.

"Gentlemen," I said calmly. "Would you like to put your macabre brains to use for an actual cause or would you rather just throw insults at one another?"

"Go on." Domenico urged, his eyes still closed. "Come up with a base idea, I'll extend it from there."

"I want to kill my father," I said, as bluntly as possible.

Domenico's eyes snapped open and his spine went ramrod straight. "Excuse me?"

Stefan sighed. "You're not dense, Domenico. You heard the man." My brother leaned back in his chiar. "He wants good old daddy Russo out of the picture."

"He's hardly any good," I muttered as I poured myself a decent amount of whiskey.

Domenico blinks, still stunned.

Stefan opens his mouth to say something and I shoot him a look, one that says he better shut up or I'll turn him into a magic toilet brush.

"Domenico," I sigh, standing up straight. "I want him out of the picture. As fast as possible."

"I thought you wanted him dead," he says after a moment, rubbing his forehead with his hand.

"I think there's someone who'd love the idea of killing him more," I finish saying just as the door to my office bursts open.

I half expect an angry, hungover Aida Mikhailova to burst through my door but I'm greeted with the disappointing face of my younger sister instead.

"Who are you guys killing?" She asks, leaning against the door.

Stefan stood up, narrowing his eyes at his mirror-image. "Romero wanted to kill father dearest." He said, eyeing me from the corner of his eye.

"But?" Fiorella prompted, urging me to tell her the rest.

"But I figured there's someone who'd enjoy killing him more," I tell her, completely honest.

"Aida?" She asks, surprising me.

I frown at her twitching. "Yes. How did you know?"

"Well firstly, you're a pussy whipped motherfucker ever since you brought her to New York." Fiorella bats her eyelashes at me with a sweetness she doesn't posses.

"And second?" Domenico asks her, making my life so much easier.

"She's gone," Fio says with a shrug.

Three sets of eyes eye me as I try to register if I heard her leaving or not.

The dogs weren't here this morning but I figured she'd taken them with her. Figured she'd gone on a walk with them - or taken them somewhere with Nur and that pitiful husband of hers.

"Where to?" I ask Fiorella, lifting my gaze to hers.

My sister flinches back a few steps, finding shelter behind Stefan before she murmums, ever so quietly.

"Las Vegas."

"Then to Las Vegas we go."

hey darling sweethearts<3 how is everyone doing today? i hope you're well and i hope your morning/afternoon/night is going well as you're reading this :)

i'm back with a new explosive chapter and i'm so excited for this shit to start. if you follow my ig, i'll post some things about it occasional so check that out ( it's in my bio )

i hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as i did writing it, thank you for all your support! don't forget to comment and vote 🩶

- bex