19. I will find you mi estrella.

3 MONTHS LATER

GAVI:

It's been 3 months. Exactly 92 days, without Melanie in Barcelona. We all miss her. I was lying in bed now, thinking about her.

At first, we had a good contact, with her. Then, she started ignoring me, all because of that stupid interview. Why did I say that?

The next day, I told them to unset this. Of course, the whole internet was writing about it, but it was the best I could do.

And for the past 2 months, we don't have contact with her at all. Pedri was trying to contact with María, Melanie and all her friends, but none answered. He argued with Lily, so she doesn't talk with him too.

I took my phone, and send her another message.

Gavi: Mel, please. We're worried about you.

Gavi: I understand you don't want to talk with me, but what about Pedri?

Gavi: Don't make us come there.

Nothing. Like always.

Gavi: I will find you, mi estrella.

I can't do it any longer. I went downstairs. Pedri was sitting on the couch, and watching a Harry Potter movie. He does it every day now, and I know it's because of Melanie. It's her favourite film series, and we always watch it together.

- We can't do it any longer, Pedri, you know that.

- What?

- We have to go there! What if something happened to her?

- She's with María, she's just ignoring us.

- No, Pedro. You know the truth. She wouldn't ignore you. I messed up again, so I don't blame her for any contact with me, but when were the last tome you were talking with her? And why this whole María isn't answering the phone too?

- Gavi, we talked about this.

- Stop.

- This conversation is over.

- No. Don't you see something is wrong? Maybe she's posting all this ig stories, looks happy at them, but you know her. Melanie is not like that. She loves you so much. She was crying for the whole first week in London, because she missed you! She even bought a ticket to come back! Something is clearly wrong!

- She did what?

- And you're not okay, too! You can't even focus on one stupid exercise! All you want to do is staying in her room for the whole day. You can't live like this, hermano. We can't live like this!

- You're right.

- I already bought flight to London.

- I can't go with you. I have a match this Saturday.

- I talked with Xavi. Even he can tell, you're not good. The team needs you, but not when you can't focus on simple things.

- So, what do you want me to do?

- You're coming with me, or starting focusing on the training.

He looked at me for a while. I hate myself for saying that to him, but it's true. He has to choose. I can handle travel to London myself, but he clearly needs to help the team.

- Have a good flight, Pablito.

I smiled. I knew what he would say.

- Promise me, you won't think about her. Everywhere, but not during the game.