chapter 2

Chapter 2-

McKenzie saw stars.
Not the good kind.
It was dark in the room, everything looked a bit like TV static, or white noise, dimly lit.

After a bit, his eyes finally adjusted to the darkness, he saw a creature, in the far corner of the room, sipping a cup of coffee. It was tall, dark, with bright white eyes (do those even exist..Idk.) and a fedora, to top off that mess of a creature.

McKenzie looked around the room, it was small, cold and mildewy, with a hint of nostalgia.

The room had a small wooden bedside table, with a small lightbulb dimly illuminating the room. On the table there was a radio. The radio was playing just a burning memory, which was probably the source of the nostalgia. Beside the radio there was an empty pizza box and a few coffee cups. "Where am I?" McKenzie asked, confused, and befuddled, feeling a bit dizzy, probably from whatever inhumane way that the creature brought him here by. "hello.. Welcome to...The void..!.."
It said, in an oddly comforting monotone voice.

"The..Void is some..sorta..Limbo for people who mess up timelines..fates.. destiny..and, uh other stuff..." The creature said.

"What other- wait, why am I here?!?"
McKenzie asked. Hoping he hadn't messed anything up for anyone or anything.

The creature looked down, its hat blocking the view of its irregular looking face. "W-well, it's a bit odd to explain..but by killing that guy, you altered some timelines and fates, so now you're waiting in here.." the tall thing said, looking a bit awkward.

"..and, also y'know how, uh like there's nobody else except for me here, well.. it's because I did something really bad..and..uh ended up here! So I guess you can call me the warden?- wait no scratch that.."

The creature paused, before continuing;

"Call me Crumpet it's a pretty nice name after all...I guess?.."

And that was the last thing McKenzie heard before he blacked out.

- a few hours later...

McKenzie woke up, and saw Crumpet standing over him.

"Um...Can you not do that?..."  McKenzie asked.

It was right then and there that he realized that Crumpet was dressed in a three piece suit, with a new hat with stars hanging off of it. Also, he then realized that he wasn't in the void anymore.

"W-where are we at?" He asked, wondering how he got there.

"We're going to court!"
It said, cheerfully.

"Wha-" McKenzie must've had looked shocked, because Crumpet just laughed and walked away.

McKenzie got up and brushed the dirt off of his trousers [because he's a goddamn germaphobe]

He caught up with Crumpet who was walking away, slowly.

A few minutes later....

McKenzie stood with Crumpet at the golden gates, he had no idea where they were going, since they both were mostly running, probably to get to wherever this place was.

"Welcome kid..to the choosing place..we..have, like umm..court and stuff in here, so yeah."

Crumpet explained.

"What happens in there?" McKenzie asked.

"I'm..not allowed to tell you that. Sorry.." Crumpet responded. McKenzie sighed. "How do we get there?"

"We-..we ask for permission..of course!.. what else would we do!" they said, acting like McKenzie accused them of robbing a bank and then burying the money because they were guilty and didn't want to own up to their mistake.

"Uh ok.." McKenzie said, still in doubt.

McKenzie brought out a small walkie talkie-looking thing, and dialed a number on it.

"Uh huh..yeah..nope...thanks..bye!..I'll be there-" Crumpet said to whoever was on the other end of the line.

"Who were you talking to?" McKenzie asked, and at this moment he knew that curiosity must've actually killed the cat, because the look on Crumpets face was a bit, odd.

"What makes you..uh ask that?.." Crumpet asked, looking a bit secretive, while putting the contraption into his pocket.

"Because you said you would ask for permission to enter the gates?." McKenzie inquired.

"Umm..what makes you so sure that I didn't ask?.." the tall creature said, looking a bit like that one quiet kid who was always planning something suspicious.

"Eh whatever, I don't really care." McKenzie then said.

The creature then looked as if a 34343345 kg weight got lifted off of its back. He knew that that look probably showed on his face, because McKenzie looked a bit confused.

"Sorry about that, I just...don't like people listening in on..my conversations...I'm just..a private person, I guess. Crumpet said finally, a bit awkwardly, sort-of leaning towards the gate.

McKenzie didn't respond to that.

🥀🌹🥀🌹🥀🥀🌹🥀🥀🌹🥀

Done. Thanks to my two readers in the "WE'RE GOING TO THE LADS HOSTEL" I really appreciate the 2 million euro donation for this crappy story, I really say thanks. ME THINMKS YOUSE ALL SUPER AWESOME SAUCE!!!!

Short lol. 837 words.