Chapter 3: Blank Space

"Wake up!"

Someone yelled through the other side of the door, and then it was followed by several loud bangs to the door. Whoever it was on the other side, their footsteps have receded slowly, until it completely dispersed in hearing from within range of the person they woke.

"What the fuck," Matthew muttered to himself, his face forming in a scowl at the intrusion of what could have been a great sleep. He raised his head—from the comfortable, soft pillows he was sleeping on—to glare at the door.

He had a vague idea of who was interrupting his beauty sleep; Prince knew that he was exhausted from last night's event and hated the idea of waking up in the morning without proper sleep. His other team members wouldn't have had the bravery to bang his bedroom as if it was the FBI with an arrest warrant for his head.

Groaning loudly, he pulled the duvet away from his body; the exhaustion from last night's event creeping up, urging him to roll his eyes and mutter nonsense to no one. What was so important that he had to be awake at—

"God damn it, Tyler," he said, his voice strained as he stared at the digital clock from the nightstand in despair. "You better have one hell of an explanation to wake me up at six in the fucking morning."

Stomping his way to the bathroom like the little manchild he was, he washed his face in the sink to clean the drunkenness away, brushed his teeth like he always has in the morning, and dressed up in his black cotton bathroom robe after. This was his daily routine in the morning; only this time, it was rushed and out of spite.

When Matthew was done with his shenanigans, he walked out of the bathroom, back to his bedroom to grab his phone from the nightstand, and onto to the living room of his hotel suite, where his manager was waiting.

The sun wasn't even fully out, yet his living room was super bright. He flinched at the sudden brightness, then he scowled at the lights as he groaned and covered his eyes with his free hand. God, Tyler really knew how to piss him off in the morning.

He continued to walk the carpeted room begrudgingly, he might add—passing by his other team members who were sat on the kitchen stools and muttering a small 'thank you' when he was given a cup of his latte.

"...no, we got out of the party around midnight," Prince was saying, his voice was gruff, and his eyes were closed as he was slumped on one side of the red leather modern sectional sofa.

"Morning, Prince. Ty," Matthew made his presence known as he greeted them and dipped onto the sofa beside Prince, who was looking anything but good. He seemed like he didn't get any wink of sleep, given the sorry state he was currently in—well, that made two of them.

Tyler didn't heed him any attention while he listened attentively to what Prince was saying. He sat on the far opposite end of the sofa, stared at his phone ever so often, and looked decent in the morning. Well, he was the only one who looked good, while the rest were either too sleepy or out of their wits to care.

"Okay, did you get caught by some paps when you left?" he was asking, his voice as calm as the ocean. "By the sorry state you're both in, I'd worry."

"It's okay. It's an afterparty," Prince said slowly just as Matthew put the cup of coffee down on the center table and laid his head on his lap with his eyes closing. "It's normal, right?"

"Normal for Matthew," Tyler chastised with a small smirk on his face as the mentioned name peeked one eye open to stare at him knowingly. "Not for you, though."

Matthew scoffed from where he was, sitting up properly after Prince shooed his head away from his lap. It was normal for everyone in the afterparty to get shitfaced as they were celebrating; it was only a matter of how shitfaced they were going to be.