Chapter 12: Adore You

Shouts of cheers could be heard across the arena as the camera focused on Matthew and Carl—featuring them on the screen in the middle of the venue of the basketball game. While the actor smiled a little when he noticed the attention was on them, the musician had a surprised look on his face with his mouth open slightly and tried to hide his face as quick as he could from his seat.

Matthew gave out a short laugh from beside him as the camera continued to focus on them for a few more minutes. He waved his hand before he continued to eat his popcorn, while Carl laid his head on the actor's shoulder, pointing at him and mouthing something goofy at the camera as the shrieks and smiles of the audience became clearer.

They had nothing better to do in the house, so Carl thought they could watch an NBA basketball game and because he was a big fan of the sport. Matthew wasn't a fan but he agreed because reading lines got so boring after so many times, plus they could only last for so long cooped up in the penthouse.

Prince didn't want to come with them because Tyler was piling him up with Matthew's tight and upcoming schedules for endorsements, photoshoots, and interviews for his career. Though, Matthew was skeptical to leave his assistant manager behind because he gave him a pointed look, raised his eyebrows playfully, and smiled a teasing smile when they left the house.

He was being insufferable, but Matthew was a little glad his assistant manager didn't go with them. He liked hanging out with Carl alone—that, and the kisses that came with it.

"You're adorable," Matthew said in a low voice so it could only be heard by Carl, chuckling and shaking his head at Carl's antics.

Carl said nothing in reply, just stared at the actor with a cute smile on his face before he focused his attention on the game, liking what he heard from Matthew.

From what started as a showmanship of what should be a stage kiss, it became more of a hobby to either of them; making out in every corner of their bedroom and enjoying every single of one them. Prince hasn't got any idea what was happening between them, and they were careful from doing it because they didn't want anyone to know, just yet.

Later that same night, after getting back to the house from the basketball game, Carl didn't waste a single second to wrap his arms around Matthew, who in return wrapped his arms around the musician's neck and leaned closer, placing a few soft kisses on his nose and both of them giggling like those couples in the movies.

"Did you have fun tonight?" Carl asked, closing his eyes and leaning his forehead against Matthew as he felt the actor's lips on his nose.

Matthew hummed in reply, a smile pasted on his face as he replied with a shrug, "Could be better."

"Yeah?" the musician asked in a mocking manner, leaning closer and letting his lips ghost over the lips of the actor. He pulled away slightly to look around the darkness, to see if Prince was lurking somewhere but to no avail, he didn't see anyone.

"Carl—" Matthew was about to frown at the musician, but he was cut off by a pair of lips swooping in to kiss his own that had caught him off guard. He relaxed a moment after and kissed back, smiling against the kiss as he tried to pull Carl with his arms and their bodies perfectly in sync with each other.

The penthouse was dark and silent, and the only thing that could be heard was the sound of lips smacking. There were a few distinct giggles from the celebrities as they continued kiss—their lips molding perfectly against each other and heads turning as they shifted into a more comfortable angle.

"Been looking forward to do this all night," Carl whispered against Matthew's lips, pausing for a moment as they just let the moment take over them—standing in the middle of the living room with both pair of their arms wrapped around each other, like they were dancing in a silent promenade.