Chapter 6: Stuck with You

"I want to start off again by saying, I'm sorry," Cole said, an apologetic smile plastered on his face as he clapped his hands together. "I know we should have told you from the start, but we didn't know whether you'd accept it without us having to explain it."

"Okay, so Superstar is about a musician and his manager being in a romantic relationship—which will be played by Carl and Matthew, respectively," he continued to say and waited for a reaction from at least one person he knew had a lot to say for everything. When he saw Matthew kept silent in his seat, he continued to discuss what the movie was about.

"It will start off as happy, fun, and loving relationship. Then, it will transition to Matthew's character realizing how the level of their intimacy is slowly decreasing because Carl's character is getting more and more famous. And because of that, world tours are in demand for him which makes Matthew less happy."

Matthew chose to stay silent and just listened attentively in his seat. He had several questions from the back of his mind that needed immediate answers, but he held himself back from asking these questions as he didn't want the opportunity Tyler gave him go to waste.

Not to mention, the impression he made with Jermaine wasn't sitting well with him—Jermaine disliked him and made it clear that he did, and Matthew didn't like how it turned out to be.

"I don't want to spoil you of the ending. You'll get plenty of time to read the script before Juno's screening. For the plans of making this movie, I'll let my husband take over now," Cole finished with a small smile and let Jermaine take over the discussion.

Everyone shifted their attention to the director, who nodded and directed a small smile to his husband, then faced everybody's waiting gaze with a serious expression.

"I need you two to be as close as a real couple before I screen you in three months," he said, pointing at Carl and Matthew. "I know one of you has no experience in acting, but I have an idea."

"What? You want me to live with Matthew for the next three months?" Carl butted in with a short sarcastic laugh as Denise frowned and reprimanded him with just an exclamation of his name.

"Carl!"

"What? What's wrong with what I said?" the musician just rolled his eyes at his manager as he kept the smile on his face with a shrug.

Everyone seemed to be on their edge today, and after what they initially heard from this meeting, it showed—from the moment of Carl's sudden outburst to the way things were now, it all followed through.

Another wave of awkward silence wafted in the atmosphere after Carl's statement as everyone waited again for Jermaine to speak about his idea. The smile on Carl's face slowly disappeared when realization hit him from the get go as Jermaine stared at his manager with a pointed look.

"You're not serious—I can't! I'm working on my music!" he exclaimed as he turned to Denise, a horror-struck expression plastered on his face. "Oh, my fucking God."

"Nobody's telling you to stop working on your music—just learn to multitask and manage your time properly," Denise explained as softly as she could. "This way, you can learn to be friends, be close as much as needed, and you can continue to do your music. And besides, didn't you say you've always wanted to live in a penthouse?"

"Don't use that as an excuse, Denise,"

Matthew wanted to say something, only to put his opinion out there, but he felt as if he didn't have a choice but to oblige whatever was going on in this meeting. He wanted to have a say because he was a part of all of this too, but he felt cheated—as if this was all planned beforehand and without their consent.