Chapter 11: Cover Up

(Disclaimer: I own nothing from Image or DC Comics, nor do I own any of the artwork I have posted or will post.)

Third Person POV:

The desert air swirled with the wind and the heat.  To anyone observing the area, the ground might've resembled the moon with the amount of craters and scars run across it.  Evidence of great destruction from not one but two battles between powerful beings.

Above ground, a different battle was being waged.

Moments before, Mark Grayson and Supergirl had been in the heat of an intense battle spawned out of intense frustration and a few misunderstandings. Mark, having been fighting Task Force X prior to Supergirl's arrival, was at the end of his emotional and physical rope. He had been fighting a losing battle against one of the strongest beings on the planet, and got desperate.  He had no idea that his plan (stupidly conceived or not) would result in the way that it had:

With him floating off the ground, covered in bruises, and with more than a few cracked bones,  aggressively making out with the most attractive member of the Super-family herself.

What a day, huh?

Mark and Supergirl were kissing like they were still fighting each other. Mark had one hand on her lower back, crushing her further into his chest, and another was trailing its way up her back to wind his hands in her perfect blonde hair.  He felt like he was on fire, and he couldn't get enough of the way she tasted, the way her body felt against his.  Kara, meanwhile, had found both of her hands entwined in Mark's hair and one of her legs wrapped around his lower thigh.  No one had ever made her feel like this before, and she was thrilled she could be aggressive with someone and not have to worry about breaking their body with just a touch.

And they were doing a whole lot more than touching. 

Mark's hands wandered lower on kara's body, eliciting several moans out of her when they found her ass.  Her moans seemed to shock Mark out of his hormonal induced stupor, and he managed to reign himself in enough to pause his ministrations.  He and Kara simply hovered, holding each other and panting as they rested their foreheads against each other's. 

"You know," Mark whispered, knowing full well she could hear him with her advanced senses, "I never did get your name."  Supergirl blushed, and then answered him.  "Its Kara... Kara Zor-El."

"Kara Zor-El," Mark repeated, rolling her name around.  Kara shivered with pleasure at the husky way he said her name, and almost went to lean in to kiss him again when he continued to speak.  "Kara... I think we should stop this," he said. 

Kara frowned, and looked almost hurt at his tone of voice.  Amending his statement, he quickly added, "Not that I don't enjoy doing this, believe me I do.  You are one of the most beautiful women I have ever met, not to mention smart and powerful.  However, that doesn't change the fact that not five minutes ago you and I were throwing hands because the League wants me to hand myself in."  He didn't like it, and he knew she didn't like it either, but it was the truth of their situation. 

Kara looked thoughtful for a moment.  Then, her look changed to one of determination.  "I know who you are, Mark Grayson, and I think I know why the League is hunting you.  But it's wrong, and its gone too far now.  You're a normal person in a confusing situation, and you need to talk to the League and get it fixed.  Kal will listen to you and be fair, I know he will," she said.  At his look of confusion, she giggled.  "Oh, Kal-El.  Superman.  My cousin," she said with a small smile. 

Mark thought for a moment, but eventually nodded.  "Ok, Kara.  I trust you," he said softly.  He wasn't sure why he did, but he felt like he could.  "I'll meet with him one week from now.  But I need your word on a few things," he said.  She nodded, silently asking him to continue.  "I will meet with Superman, you and almost any other hero you think would give me a fair chance.  However, if the full power of the League is summoned, or if I show up to see every original member on hand, then I leave.  I'd appreciate if my mother was there, but if she is not included that's alright.  If I find out she was harmed since I've been gone, I will move heaven and earth to end whoever is responsible," he said darkly, unconsciously gripping Kara a little tighter.  She couldn't help but get a little aroused despite the serious nature of their talk.