5

They have a little chat, 1-A learns about the... unsavory bits of the ADA's entrance exam.

————
The loud sounds of Yokohama City were vastly different from those of Musutafu Prefecture. For one, the digital billboards that shouted whatever ads and hero propaganda the commission could afford to force down the citizens throats before they were deemed suspicious were gloriously lacking as they strolled down the side walk. Another thing was the children, sure, there were kids and adults alike all over the streets of Musutafu, often times so many you could barely move without pressing uncomfortably into someone in the more populated vendor lined streets. However, here in Yokohama the side walks were large, making up for any large crowds that they had to pass through—which there were plenty of, given they were within one of the most popular areas of down town Yokohama— but besides the occasional group of teenagers dressed in uniforms standing outside a shop looking in to window shop and chatting to the group of children running about with kites and toys grasped in their hands, an amused adult following after them from a far enough distance that in Musutafu you'd see them begin to panic and call after their wards to stay close and to stop running off, to the odd business person on a call muttering under their breath and trying their best not to shout into the receiver at whoever was on the other line. And nobody looked... abnormal, by most standards. No tails, wings, oddly shaped body parts, green or red hued skin, etc.

All in all, it was simultaneously peaceful and putting all of the outsiders on edge.

Atsushi jumped a little when a hand landed heavily on his shoulder, the off white streak covering half of the top palm leaving him to sigh and turn his head to see Dazai, arm outstretched and hand resting on his shoulder.

"Say, Atsushi. You should tell our little guests about how you came to join the agency, hm? Fukuzawa-Sama did say that we need to be teaching them about our jobs." Dazai hummed, retracting his hand when he'd gotten Atsushi's unimpressed look.

Atsushi glanced over his shoulder, cringing when he saw the nervous, fidgety looks of the students and the distrustful glaring the three teachers were giving their surroundings. "Really? Now? Aren't they already a little..." he paused, looking for the right thing to say, "on edge, Dazai-San?" He mumbled, trying to keep his voice low. It didn't work, the girl closest to him perked up suddenly and shoulder her way politely to his side, the one away from Dazai.

She had a sheepish look on her face, smiling gently as she walked. "Hello, I'm not quite sure we've gotten introduced yet. I'm Momo Yaoyorozu, one of the class presidents of Class 1-a." She looked like she was about to hold her hand out for him to shake in greeting however she abandoned the gesture halfway through, dropping her hand back down to her thigh, fingers grasping at the loose end of her untucked shirt.

Atsushi gave her a smile in return, turning away from Dazai and his squinty eyed gaze at the girl. "Hello, Yaoyorozu. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said.

"I just- well-" she seemed to huff softly, looking away to collect her thoughts. "I apologize for how on edge they all are. It's a new environment for everyone, it's definitely different, and I think we're all just a little nervous still from the whole... situation, yesterday. The professors have forbidden us from talking about it, especially with those who didn't go, so it's all just gossip and rumors and it's really making people nervous..." she paused, closing her mouth and giving him a nervous look. "I'm rambling, sorry."

Atsushi nodded along, scrunching his forehead when she droned off. He hadn't thought the mission the day before had gone all that badly... honestly, it was rather tame for the situation they had found themselves in. A hostile environment, armed guards, a standing grudge? Yeah, when dealing with gangs, even the smaller, not yet quite situated ones amongst the city, things tend to get a bit messy, it's not abnormal, it just comes with the job. Of course, they always try their best to be civilized and not senselessly slaughter, that's uncouth and plain illegal, no matter how many warrants they've obtained, but sometimes it can't be helped.