Chapter 3

"Welcome back."

A voice was heard, echoing through the empty corridor. This voice was that was scraggly and horse, but still a little bit familiar.
The crowd had turned around the minute they had heard what was supposed to be a reassuring sound, but now sent chills down their spine.

"What's wrong don't you recognize me?" the voice had hissed, laughing maniacally.

Which was somewhat of a flaw in logic as nobody could see the voice so how could it be  recognized. However with a wave of their hand the blaring glowing machine that took up almost half dark room had been put to death.

The machine that was now silent had been torturing the crew, blinding them with its whiteness, and idiocity until it had been conquered.

However, that was before it took its victims early, submitting them to a peaceful slumber. Albeit, not that peaceful but far better than living at this point.
Eugene, but was that really his name, no one knew anyone's identity after a while. So in this case the human, formerly known as Eugene was trying to weep with relief but not exactly joy. His face contorted in an ugly sob as clawed at his eyes where tears would have been streaming down his bloodied face. 

Where the blood came from could be debated but of course his eyes no longer rest in its sockets.

Lance had stayed for as long as he could, but even he could not resist the temptation of freeing himself from this torture and in the end succumbed to his self inflicted wounds and had gifted his friends with the rotting stench of his decaying body. 

Not that they minded as smell was a luxury they no longer had.

Poor Cassandra had tried to stay strong, but even the strongest buildings eventually fall down in the end. 

She had, in a twist of events tried to take Rapunzel with her, but ended up with her head bashed in a beanbag chair. Courtesy of surprisingly Varian. 

They had tried to use her internal organs and skin to make a makeshift cover to try and cover the blazing machine. Of course this did not help the blinding light one bit, but had offered Rapunzel a bit of comfort in being able to feel something after all this time, even if it was just pain.

Varian had gone insane after some time his mind forever broken from the mind numbing things that he had to witness but not strong enough to survive the ordeal.
They had eaten Pascal and Rapunzel had tried to put up a fight to save his life, but alas it was fruitless as it was either him or their own limbs which she had found that her loyalty had not extended to those lengths.

So down the hatch Pascal went which had kept them satisfied for while but after their stomachs had demanded for more, Lance's leg seemed to suffice.

The only thing that ran through their shattered minds was the constant pictures moving on the screen of the demon machine.  Pictures showing different objects that weren't they never even thought that they would ever need.

But the chant" like a good neighbor State Farm is there" infected their ear drums until State Farm was the only thing they ever cared about.

All throughout this, the voice had gone one with their life. Never once had given a single thought to them until one day they got a notification.

So the voice had relieved them from their misery not out of compassion, rather out of duty.

"So who's ready to finish watching the Tangled movie"

AN: What's up. I'm back bitches