01

blue lights go on and off, illuminating all the block. i sit down on the terrace. my head is completely fogged. The only thing i can feel is my palms. it stings so painfully. doesn't stop bleeding. a policeman puts the tape around my house yard. ambulance carries out from home two bodies on stretchers covered in white cloth to the cars. i had never imagined this. never, such a thought came to my mind. but here i am. "here is that girl" a woman from the ambulance car approaches as the policeman points at me. she squats down and the first thing she notices are my palms. "oh my, the cuts are deep!"

<< "mom...dad..." they have cuts across their throat, blood coming out of their mouth and nose. it's still warm. i put my finger under their noses. no... no no no ! this has to be a dream. a really bad nightmare. a metal clink behind me catches my attention. i turn around to see buff man, all in black, swinging back knife at me. what the fuck-?! he launches himself at me and i fall back on my parents, knife blade pressed in my palms as i try to stop it from being stabbed. scream escapes from my mouth as the pain from my hands finally hits me and blood drips down on my clothes. the guy pushes the knife even harder as i struggle to get a grasp of it >>

i bite my lip as the nurse cleans the cuts on both of my hands. this hurts worse than when i got cut. "we will have to stitch this up..." two ambulance cars start their engine and drive away. i won't see them anymore... i am left completely alone. the nurse waves her hand in front of me. "hello? let's go to the car. we can't do this outside" she offers me her hand, but i get up by myself just fine. as if i can give her my injured hands. we go to the car, i get in and get seated on the stretcher. "take it. it will hurt" she gives me a folded towel and points at my mouth. i do as she says as she prepares the needle and the thread. "in the hospital they will finish it better, now i'll just do it so it isn't exposed" she inserts the needle in my skin without any warning. my teeth clenching into towel. tears start to stream down my cheeks. the reality slowly washes over me, uncontrollably weeping as the nurse stitches up the cuts. "who could do such a foul thing..."

----

i get out of the nursing cabinet and fall back on the chair on the other side of the hallway. both hands are covered in bandages and a check. evidence for life of this day and what i have to pay for it. why would someone ever kill my parents...for what? and me? my parents were never in any affairs or had bad contact with people. they live a peaceful and happy life. at least that's what i know. what could i possibly not know?

"ryu y/n?" a guy, taller than me, in bomber jacket stands in front of me. i don't remember ever seeing such a guy? "yes?" "ah great! i am from police mr.kwak" he pulls out his police id from the jacket pocket and shows me it. he has shorter hair in the picture. "i am here to talk about the incident and your parents' death" "here?" he laughs at my response. he finds time to laugh while i just lost all my family. "no no let's head to cabinet. my colleague and doctor are already waiting for us" he goes first and i follow him from behind. though it is late, the hospital is full of people who need help. maybe if i got home sooner, if i didn't stay longer to practice, my parents would be here getting treated. we make our way to a different hallway and now it is completely silent and empty. he opens the doors and lets me go in first. a doctor sits by the table while his colleague stands by the window hands crossed.

"please sit down" i go and sit down at the table and the policeman sits down next to the doctor at the other side of the table, putting out a recorder. "please tell your full name and age" "ryu y/n, 21 years old" he takes some map of files and looks through them. seeing my parents' pictures there, i guess they have already collected all the information. "when was the last time you saw your parents alive?" "before heading to training at my dad's martial arts studio in the afternoon" "by the time of your arrival, were they already dead?"