Dinner....

"AND YOU'RE JUST TELLING ME THIS NOW!?"

We just moved here how the hell does she already have friends?? "Don't blame mom when you were gone the lady across the street came over welcomed us to the neighborhood and then mom invited her and her family to dinner" s/n said from the couch.... Which is definitely not where she was a minute ago. "Why you just teleport into the room at the right moments?" I asked my sister. She shrugged.

"What time are they coming?" I asked. " Five o'clock." Mom said. I looked at my watch and saw it was 4:00. That gives me plenty of time to get ready. I started heading up the stairs but I paused.

"Formal or casual?" I asked turning around. "Formal. First impressions are everything." My shoulders dropped. "I was afraid you were going to say that." I said as I started heading up the stairs to my room. One of the fortunate things about my room is that it comes with a bathroom and a shower. Which means me and my sister won't have to worry about fighting over one shower. 

About 30 minutes later I got out of the shower, put on my robe and dried my hair. Once I was done I stepped out of my bathroom into my room and saw a black dress laying on my bed. Mom must have put it there when I was in the shower. I hate wearing dresses. And Mom knows that. But at least she's respectful enough about the color to not get in pink or something. I'm not a colorful person. Never have been never will be. The only color is I'll accept other than black and gray is blue and red.

After I put the dress and shoes on I debated whether or not I should put makeup on. I decided to just put eyeliner on. That's when I heard a knock at the door.

"Kids come downstairs!" I heard mom yell. I looked at the time and it was in fact five. We both came down the stairs wearing our dresses as much as I hated it. S/n's style was much different from mine. She liked bright and colorful things. Like right now she was wearing a floral dress and wearing a big smile on her face. And then there's me. Not enjoying myself at all.

Thanks Mom.

Mom open the door and a man and a woman came in. Mom greeted them both.

"These are my two kids Y/n and S/n, girls this is Susan and Frank Heffley."

 {@WOLFPHOENIXX YOU WERE RIGHT! 😄}

We both said hello and that's when I noticed that Mrs Heffley was carrying a minor. She introduced him as Manny. He looks like the kind of kid who would do a lot of things but would get away with it because he's so little.

A  boy around s/n's age came in and was introduced as Greg. If I'm being completely honest here he looks like the kind of kid who would complain about his life all the time. 

It seems like Mrs Heffley was about to introduce someone else but there was no one else. Mr Heffley looked outside. "RODRICK!" He called. I heard running onto the porch and a tripping noise. That's when a boy with messy hair stepped into the house-

OH.

MY.

FUCKING.

GOD.

My eyes widened in realization. It was the fucking jackass that almost hit me! He looked at me in his eyes widened too. I think he recognized me. 

What are the chances?? This day just keeps getting better and better. I wasn't even paying attention to what mom was saying I was too busy staring at Rodrick with shock. 

We were both just staring at each other.

It was extremely awkward.

Next thing I heard was, "we have a little while before dinner is ready so y/n why don't you show Rodrick your room? S/n, you can do the same with Greg." I didn't respond I just turned around and started walking upstairs. I heard footsteps behind me so I assumed he was following me. When we reach the stairs s/n ran upstairs calling for Greg to come and follow her.

We made it to my room and we just stood there. I don't know what the fuck to say! This guy almost hit me with his van earlier today and now he's in my fucking room!

Huh, who knew the floor would be so interesting?

After a bit of awkward silence he cleared his throat.

"Listen, I'm sorry I almost hit you with my van. I wasn't paying attention to the road. I should be more careful." He said giving an apologetic look. It looked genuine too. "It's okay, and I'm sorry for not paying attention to the road either."I said giving him a small smile. He returned it. The air didn't feel as thick anymore. Rodrick looked around my room. "I've never been in a girl's room before this is definitely not what I expected." He said chuckling a bit. "Well a normal girl's bedroom wouldn't have this many boxes. I didn't get the chance to finish unpacking so sorry about that." I said moving the boxes over to a corner. "It's okay" he looked at my band posters that I had on my walls. His expression was surprised. "And I've certainly never met a girl who liked this many rock bands! Wait a minute is that f/b??" He said looking at my poster for my favorite band. "Yeah it's my favorite band!" I said smiling. "Shut up it's my favorite too! Well aside from my band." I raised an eyebrow. "You have a band?" "Hell ya, it's called Löded Diper."

"So that's what that is, what do you play?" I asked. "I play the drums. I don't mean to brag but I'm the best drum player there is." He said giving me a smirk. I laughed a little. "I'm sure you are."

"What about you? Do you play an instrument?" That's when my smile faded. I felt a heavy feeling in my chest. Rodrick realized that I wasn't smiling anymore so he quickly apologized. "I'm sorry I didn't know it was a touchy subject!" I put on a fake smile. " It's okay I used to play guitar but I don't anymore." He looked curious but didn't ask anymore questions. 

We started talking about other things. Aside from the hole almost getting hit thing, Rodrick is actually pretty cool.

Maybe this dinner won't be as bad as I thought.

And maybe I'll actually like it here.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Also a little bit of a dream update.

I've never had a continuation of a dream before. But last night I did.

I was in a froggy area and there were lights all around me. I heard Rodrick calling my name so I started to follow his voice. And then I saw him. I just started running towards him when I heard a voice saying "you will return just not quite yet" he was so close and then I was woken up.

I hope something will happen tonight! 

I'll see you guys on the other side!