Tasty Curiosity of an author

A writer would approach a door, with a simple wave of their hand the door opens and reveals a small room.
the room was dark but the windows helped give light, dusty, old, and nostalgic. 
the writer would take a deep breath and walk in with a smile on their face, ready to explore. 

So many things here, old books they've written and long gone to time, yet was still loved by a lot of people overall. maybe they should pick one up and read through it to see what has improved over the last two to three years? 

as they looked over the shelves, they saw a rather particular book, make of crystal in pink and blue, it had multiple lively flowers buried within like amber encasing an insect.
they would smile and chuckle, knowing this book very well. when was the last time they wrote into this? by now the people must have forgotten about this book, it's one of their first after all. 

they picked it up and opened it, reading a few pages which was only seven.

"hm, it's been a long while eh? wow this book has not seen the light of day yet these pages are still clean and neat! has someone been reading it? dear apologies to them if they did, I just left it behind.." the writer would ponder apologetically before closing the book, they hummed, thinking of an idea. 

"now that I have bettered my skills, I wonder how I'd rewrite this? this topic has changed very much over the years and I've long gotten over this interest...hm" the writer would hum and be in thought as they closed their eyes for a moment. 

a mischievous smile would grow upon their face, a glint in their eyes. 

"maybe I should...who knows?" 

.

.

.

"I might just resurrect an old friend~"