Chapter Five

I was reading outside the Military Intelligence Building the next day, when I noticed a pair of feet stopped in front of me. I noticed those shoes yesterday, they belonged to Mr. Turing.

"What are you doing here, Thomas?" He asked, a slight hint of confusion in his voice.

"What do you think?"

"I don't know. That's why I asked you."

I rolled my eyes. "I wasn't given any instructions yesterday of where to go. I knew someone would look for me, so I might as well place myself in an easy enough spot to find."

Mr. Turing paused. "What are you reading?" The way he said it, he was reading the pages himself. Upside down, from at least a meter closer towards the ground.

"I think you already know," I replied.

"What happened to your parents?"

I finally looked up. My eyes narrowed. "Don't ask stupid questions, Mr. Turing." I said with a slight monotone.

I placed my book, 'A Guide to Codes and Cyphers' into my bag, and began to walk away. I assumed Mr. Turing would certainly catch up, so I wasn't too fast.

He did, sure enough. "Alan," he responded, taking the lead. "You may call me Alan if you wish. We are coworkers, after all." I nodded politely, and we headed to this unknown destination for this top-secret job.