ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

𝑳𝒆𝒐 𝑹𝒊𝒅𝒍𝒆𝒚

Taking a law class as an elective for business is probably the stupidest thing I've ever done. I thought I would be smart as a future CEO; knowing some of the tricks and trading of law, so none of my future lawyers would take advantage of me. My first class and I already have no idea what the fuck is going on.

I missed the first week and a half because of my parents and their stupid charity back-to-school ball. I haven't read any of the chapters and the teacher talks a mile a minute. I was on the brink of a carpel tunnel with the quickness of my writing.

I was so close to walking out of the class when the doors swung open in walked in a goddess straight out of my wildest fantasies.

Beautiful, chocolate skin that glistened under the crappy light. The depth of her brown eyes popped with the fresh smile she had on her face. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life. Her face was perfectly sculptured to suit a temptress. And her lips, God, her lips looked so delicious drenched in lip gloss. She rubbed them together and scanned the aisle for an empty seat.

Her eyes met mine and she mirrored the same reaction as me. I knew it when I saw it.

She was an angel.

----------------------------

I knew Dobben & Sawyer was too good to be true. Their credentials were outstanding. Their clients were always well protected. They stayed out of scandal. 

And boom. In came the past trying to wreck my focus. Angela Florence was the biggest risk I've ever taken in my life, and I never regret it.

The day we broke up haunted me every day when we broke up. Slowly but surely, I was able to get over her through time, but seeing her like this. As breathtaking as ever.

It brought back old feelings. But I'm not the person I used to be. In college, she was my greatest escape, but my parents managed to destroy even that.

Asking her to dinner was a risk. Even though it's been six years, the reason we broke up was that my family would never accept her, and she couldn't handle that. I would've fought for her. I tried to. But it wasn't enough.

"You have a meeting with Veronica Starkley's VP and then you start your week-long summit at Walker Elementary with Mrs. Brunner's class," Linda says. I had a bit of a reputation for going through PAs because every single one was fucking annoying in their own way.

Courtney used to chew with her mouth open, Micheal was always talking to me about his personal life, Hanna constantly threw herself at me, Robert was always hinting at a threesome with his boyfriend, and don't even get me started on Rebecca.