ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍𝒂 𝑭𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆

I almost got lost in their big ass house. It was like a museum. His parents were wonderful. Leo looked so much like his mother. I never understood why he put off meeting his parents so late.

I finish up in the nearest bathroom I can find and try my best to work my way back to the dining room. I make a left into a random hallway and stumble across a cracked door. I go to close it when I hear Mrs. Ridley's voice.

"I mean, did you see what she was wearing? She looked like she got it off the half-off rack at Ross."  The sentence shocks me. It was like it sobered me up from whatever family glow I was wrapped in before.

"I can't believe that out of all the girls he could have brought, it was a girl who's not even familiar with our society. When I asked her which Ralph Lauren bag was her favorite, she looked like she had never even heard of the brand," she continued.

"Monica. Angela not knowing what a Ralph Lauren bag is is not the issue at hand here. She is not respectable enough to be with our son. He deserves to be with someone with more poise. More class," Mr. Ridley adds

I couldn't stop the tears that rolled down my face. I didn't want to cry, especially not over this. Ryan's parents didn't like me either and I was just fine. But what I have with Leo is different. I love him with everything in me and his parents not liking me is something I can't handle.

----------------------------

Walker Elementary's car rider line is even worse than when I was a kid. I went to the same elementary school and always wanted to be a car rider. The couple of times I have been a car rider, it has been a quick and easy process. Nowadays, you have to wait forever in these backed-up ass lines.

"How much longer is it going to take?" Kol mutters behind me.

"I told you guys I could've just dropped you at home and then met you guys there for her party," I said.

"That would've ruined the surprise," Maya says. "But it's okay. We'll wait as long as it takes for our Kitty Kat."

"The ice cream is going to melt," Kol complains. "She's going to be angry."

"Kol, you cannot let a six-year-old bully you into such submission," I laugh. "She'll be just as happy drinking it like it's soup."

We finally pulled up to the roundabout of the curve where most of the kids were. Kat sees our car immediately and rushes over. Maya gets out of the car and scoops Kat into a hug.

I headed out of the car and met up with them. When they're done hugging, I squish her in my arms. "Hey, birthday girl."

"Mommy! You brought Aunty Maya! Where's Uncle Kol?" she exclaims.