2. Her snapstreak

Previously -

When I reached closer to her bench, she quickly threw something inside the bag that was kept on her lap. She was using her phone; it was obvious from her reaction. For some reason, it felt so wrong. I was not okay with it. I nodded my head in denial and looked down at her for answers. She looked up, and finally our eyes met...

Continued -

My glance was filled with anger. I was okay with students relaxing in between but using mobile during lecture was not okay for me.I find it very disrespectful. I am usually calm in such scenarios,so why was I furious at that time? Maybe it was due to the fact that 'SHE' did it. The person who I expected least to be disrespectful.

She sensed my anger and quickly looked down. 

"What did you throw in?" I asked.

She didn't respond. There was nothing but pin-drop silence; every single gaze was focused on us.

"I asked you something." My voice pitched up a little.

"It was my phone," she answered with
a quivering voice.

I was not expecting her to tell me the truth this quickly. My previous encounters like this always ended with students lying and creating fake scenarios. So the quick truth made me calm.

"Are you allowed to use the phone in class?" I continued my question barrage.

"No, but I already solved the sum. What was I supposed to do?" She said it softly.

"You could have talked with your friends or asked me doubts. What was so important that you couldn't control your urges to use the phone?" I asked.

"But I just used it for two minutes. I wanted to complete my snapstreak."
She answered quickly.

"Snapstreak?" I was unaware of Snapstreak at that time. 
Obviously, I had heard about Snapchat before. To me, it was just an app that girls used to click photos using filters. Terms like snapstreak were news to me.

"You don't know about snapstreak?" She looked surprised. 

Her reactions changed suddenly. Her worried and scared face was now accompanied by a smile in between.

"What's so strange about it? Considering the age gap we have, it's totally possible for me to not know about something you people thrive on." I answered.
Looking back now, it was she who introduced me to Snapchat.

"And why are you changing the topic anyway? Give me your phone." I continued.

"Sir, I am sorry. Please don't take it," she pleaded.

"It's the policy of the class; I must confiscate it," I replied.

"Sir, please no. It won't happen again." She requested.

"No, I must maintain discipline. Hand it over."
She put her hand in the bag and took out her phone, which was still vibrating due to continuous notifications.

"Unlock it. And show me what you were doing." I demanded.

She entered the password and showed me that the last app she used was actually Snapchat.

"Okay, good," I said.

"Don't worry, sir. I am obedient. I will follow all your orders." She replied, and for some reason looked down again.

I put her phone in my pocket and moved towards the board for the continuation of the lecture.

"I have an idea," I announced to class.
"Why don't we sell her phone in 'chor bazar'? We will get 4000 at least."
I looked at her while I was saying this, and she was turning her head continuously. Her constant effort to say no and her reactions were enough to put me in a laughing stance.