4. Her bestfriend

Previously -

Everything was working smoothly until I received a new friend request on my snap. It was from Priti. Probably the first 10% of me being a red flag is all thanks to that request.

Continued -

"I think I got a request from your best friend. Is she actually Priti?" I sent a screen recording of Priti's profile to her.

"Yes. It's Priti only. Maybe she got your account as a recommendation." She replied.

"Nope. She searched my profile. Snapchat shows 'by search' if someone searches for your profile before sending a request." I sent my thoughts to her.

"Obviously, I know what 'by search' is🙄" She replied.

"But if she searched for my profile, then it means that she knows about us talking on Snap. What else have you told her?" I questioned.

"She saw me chatting with you and was continuously poking me to know 'the mystery guy'. What was I supposed to do?" She counter-questioned me.

"It's okay. But can she be trusted with this? I don't want rumours to spread. It will make both of our lives difficult." I suggested my stand.

"Don't worry. The only thing that she knows is that we chat. What are you going to do with her request?" She was curious about my actions.

"Will you be okay if I add her on Snapchat?" I wanted to see her response.

"Why would it matter to me? I am not that kind of person who will get irritated over such small things." She replied.

I had a gut feeling that she would do exactly the opposite of what she said. But thinking too much about things like these is not my cup of tea, so I clicked 'accept' and proceeded further with the tasks in hand.

By sending at least one Snap, I maintained the unnecessary Snapchat culture that she introduced me to. What I realised about this culture is quite fascinating. When you get hooked on Snap Streaks, you start seeing beauty even in ugly things,you find boring things interesting, and stupid things seem intelligent. And the issue doesn't stop there; you must let your friends know what idiotic things you are seeing or doing through snaps.

One such idiotic snap was me holding a cup of coffee with the caption, 'Drinking coffee after so many days...that too at the wrong time.' I could have drunk the coffee and gone to the gym. But no, the whole world must know about it.

Priti replied to that particular snap, and that's how our conversation started.

Priti - Sir, you don't prefer coffee?

Me - I was actually addicted to it. My sleep cycle was jeopardized. So I took a break.

Priti - Okay. Btw how are you?

Me - Majama (I am fine.) What about you?

Priti - I am fine, too. You went to the village? 

Me - Nope. Goa. 

Priti - Must have had the time of your life then 😅.

Me - Yes, Goa is heaven for enthusiasts like me.

Priti - Even I want to explore Goa. But my family will never allow it.

Me - Maybe not now. But in the future, you can even explore the horizon.

Priti - They will put restrictions in place at that time too.

Me - But those won't be heavy once you become mature and start earning.

Priti - Sir,I am already mature enough. I know how the world works.

Me - Except Goa 🤣.

Priti - Sir...............