𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕

✦ 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐒 ✦

THE NEXT MORNING AFTER BREAKFAST, PERCY AND AURORA TOLD GROVER ABOUT THEIR SHARED DREAM

THE NEXT MORNING AFTER BREAKFAST, PERCY AND AURORA TOLD GROVER ABOUT THEIR SHARED DREAM. They sat in the meadow watching the satyrs chase the wood nymphs through the snow. The nymphs had promised to kiss the satyrs if they got caught, but they hardly ever did. Usually, the nymph would let the satyr get up a full head of steam, then she'd turn into a snow-covered tree and the poor satyr would slam into it head first and get a pile of snow dumped on him.

When the two told Grover their nightmare, he started twirling his finger in his shaggy leg fur. "A cave ceiling collapsed on her?" he asked.

"Yeah. What the heck does that mean?" Percy asked.

"It doesn't make sense to me either." Aurora sighed as she wracked her head with ideas.

Grover shook his head, "I don't know. But after what Zoë dreamed–"

"Wait what?" The silver-haired girl stared at the satyr.

"Whoa. What do you mean? Zoë had a dream like that?" followed Percy.

"I... I don't know, exactly. About three in the morning she came to the Big House and demanded to talk to Chiron. She looked really panicked." Grover exclaimed.

"Wait, how do you know this?" Aurora asked.

Grover blushed, "I was sort of camped outside the Artemis Cabin."

"What for?"

"Just to be, you know, near them."

"You're a stalker with hooves," said Percy.

"I am not! Anyway, I followed her to the Big House and hid in a bush and watched the whole thing. She got really upset when Argus wouldn't let her in. It was kind of a dangerous scene."

They tried to imagine that. Argus was the head of security for Camp – a big blonde dude with eyes all over his body. He rarely showed himself unless something serious was going on. Percy wouldn't want to place bets on a fight between him and Zoë Nightshade.

"What did she say?" Percy asked.

Grover grimaced, "Well, she starts talking really old-fashioned when she gets upset, so it was kind of hard to understand. But something about Artemis being in trouble and needing the Hunters. And then she called Argus a boil-brained lout... I think that's a bad thing. And then he called her–"

"Whoa, wait. How could Artemis be in trouble?" Aurora asked.

"I... well, finally Chiron came out in his pajamas and his horsetail in curlers and–"

"He wears curlers in his tail?" Percy asked the most important question of all.

"Really?" Aurora gave Percy a deadpan look.