Part 3 (CHAPTER 1.6)

CHAPTER 1.6

The kiss felt so pure, so beautiful and so full of love. Manyata's hands were slowly moving upward, from Uday's shoulders to around his neck.

Then the magical spell broke... ABRUPTLY! Manyata felt Uday retract his lips from hers. His hands left her waist and he took a step back. Manyata opened her eyes to see what went wrong.

Before Manyata could speak, Uday did," I shouldn't have done that - SORRY."

 Manyata was taken aback by Uday's words, she couldn't understand what the apology was for. "SORRY FOR WHAT?" , she finally asked. 

"Sorry for giving you another reason to add to your list."

 "What LIST, Uday?"

"Oh - you know; REASONS TO HATE UDAY -that list."

 "Huh!"

Manyata stood in the same spot - confused. She had no idea what Uday was talking about.

She watched as Uday walked over to the table, grab his passport and some papers and walk out of the study. She ran behind him and caught him by his jacket. 

"Will you please tell me what the hell you are talking about? "

He moved her hand off him and began explaining and walking at the same time," You hate me because I made you leave your chawl-life. You hate me because I was the cause of someone's death. You hate me because I forced this marriage on you and now; you hate me for kissing you."

The explanation ended as Uday reached his car. He sat inside and refused to look in Manyata's direction. She angrily knocked on his window and waited as it eventually rolled down. Uday, she took a deep breath before announcing her feelings for him, "I lo." (she couldn't complete as Uday cut her in-between) "You loathe me!"

Before Manyata could correct him - the window rolled up and the driver drove off. Manyata could only watch as the cavalcade of 3 cars (Uday in 1 car and the bodyguards in the other 2) moved out of their premises.

Manyata was furious. She turned to go back into the house when she saw a servant putting TWO suitcases in another car.

 "NOW- WHO'S LEAVING?" she yelled; throwing up her hands in the air.

Her very loyal attendant, Seemaji ran up to her; with her head bowed she spoke, "Yuvraanisa', Jamaisa' ne kaha ke jab tak wo wapis na aaye; hum Rajmata ke mahel me rahenge."

Manyata: "Hum koun, Seemaji?"

Seemaji: "Yuvraanisa' ...aap aur main aur.." , she moved her eyes in the direction of the four bodyguards standing nearby.

"NO NEED FOR ALL THIS- TAKE MY BAGS INSIDE - WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE"; she announced. One Bodyguard came towards her, " But Yuvraaj said...", Manyata held up her hand to silence him. Her face was reddening with anger. In a commanding tone she spoke to him," Do you know who I am?" He lowered his head. 

She continued, "I am Her Highness, Yuvraani Manyata Kumari Singh.  NOBODY talks back to me." She clicked her fingers in front of his face and then pointed her index finger at him," YOU GOT IT!"

 He nodded.

She stood in front of all the servants and bodyguards and addressed them," I know you all are extremely loyal to your Yuvraaj Udayveer and you would rather die than disobey him...BUT, he is not here right now - SO, as his wife; you will be answering to me. AND WHAT I SAY - GOES! Is that understood? "