Part 4 ( CHAPTER - 1.7)

CHAPTER 1.7

"Uday, I want to sleep with you!"

Uday was in a very sleepy mood. It took him some seconds to process what Manyata just said. When he finally figured it out, his eyes opened wide. 

"WHAT! "

 He needed her to repeat herself just to make sure.

When he looked again at the doorway- there was nobody there. I knew it.

'It was just a dream', he thought to himself.

He turned to go back to bed but froze on the spot as he saw Manyata remove her slippers and get comfortable on his bed, still keeping her gown over her.

Well, Manyata, being Manyata, wasn't going to wait for Uday to give her permission to share his bed; so, she just pushed past him and got under the warm comforter  leaving poor Uday shocked and dazed.

He eventually made his way to the bed. Uday, very carefully balanced himself on the edge of the right side while Manyata slept on the left. Uday faced Manyata, and she faced the window. Uday's sleep had vanished, and there was no use trying for it when Manyata was so close. He watched her tremble each time the thunder sounded. He slowly moved closer to her and put a comforting hand on her upper arm.

With her free hand , she clutched his and pulled it more over her. He smiled at her action but didn't want to read too much into it. It was clear to him that she was afraid of the storm and was only looking to him as protection.

Uday wanted to know the time - unfortunately; the alarm clock as well as the headboard's night-lamp was on Manyata's side. Luckily, the brightness of the streetlight was illuminating his room, and with a slight lift of his head- he saw that it was 10:30. 

 He sighed to himself, "This is going to be a long night. "

Manyata had soon fallen off to sleep, but even in her slumber , she shook each time it thundered and ended up holding onto Uday's hand even tighter. He wasn't allowed to move away from her. However; he was quite enjoying having Manyata in his arms. She felt so warm and soft. She smelled like honey and almond. 

'Honey & almond??? - must be her shampoo, "he thought.

Uday knew that soon it would be 12 'o clock and his darling sister would phone to wish him. She always did so, at this time; every year without fail.

He knew that the ringing of his cell would definitely wake up Manyata and see their very cozy position - all hell would break loose. She'll probably accuse him of trying to get physical with her while she is sleeping. He shuddered at the thought.

He realised that Manyata wouldn't even know about his birthday, so he shouldn't expect a wish from her, not even a sarcastic one.

The storm had subsided. It is still drizzled, but nothing serious. Uday tried to remove his arm and distance himself from Manyata  but she held on tight. He forcefully pulled it  risking waking her.

The jerking action did break Manyata's sleep.

 She murmured, "Uday -Mujhe sone do. "

Uday very sternly replied, "Manyata, the storm is over - I think you should go to your room now."

 Manyata didn't take too kindly to Uday's tone and was about to say something when she noticed the time . It was exactly 12 o clock.

She turned to Uday's side - he had his eyes closed. She moved closer and closer to him. Her breath was falling onto his face - he opened his eyes and saw Manyata's face, a mere inch above his. Then Manyata took his lips into hers. Uday was taken aback by Manyata's sudden display of love. She gently sucked on his lips while her one hand was lovingly caressing his face.