3. Figuring Out The Cause Of The Time Travel

The next few hours were nerve wracking for Eve Baird. But she got to Jacob just in time as it happened the first time. The fight happened and now they're outside. "Eve?" Jacob asked in surprise.

The colonial looked at him in shock and hope. "You remember?" She asked.

"Of course I do. I was wondering what the hell happened. Why are we back to a younger version of ourselves and how did it happen?"

"We don't know. After the tethering ceremony, Flynn proposed which I of course said yes to. Then we went home to celebrate everything after what happened. But then overnight, something caused us to time travel all the way back to the day he and I first met. Whatever it was, we slept through it. I woke up happy for the first time in months until I realized the bed was empty. Then when I couldn't find Flynn, I thought he left me and I cried until I got a phone call from an old colleague in NATO. I checked the date and realized my ring was gone too. So I decided to try and play the day out as it happened the first time. It seemed to work and I continued to wait until I got my letter to be guardian again. But when I got there and actually spoke to him, he had no memory of who I was or anything. I almost broke down when a voice in my head said to kiss him. Like when we broke Prospero's spell with true love's kiss. So I did. A ripple was felt throughout the room and when we parted, he remembered everything. Then Charlene seemed to have her memories too. But given she was inside the mirror, that was a surprise. However, Flynn said we'd have to play the next few hours as it happened originally. Charlene thought that our kiss that woke him and her up might've woke you and the other two up assuming you didn't retain your memories as I had from the beginning."

"I did. Though I'm not sure how. But if I did, then that must mean the others had to as well." He replied.

Eve nodded and the two left to meet up at the hospital with the others.

[At the hospital]

When Eve and Jacob walked into the hospital and saw Ezekiel and Flynn, Eve tapped her librarian on the shoulder. Flynn looked over and smiled. "There you guys are. I was wondering what was taking so long."

"Jake, Baird?" Ezekiel asked.

"It's us. So you remember then?" Jake said and asked.

"Of course I do. How could I forget. You all are the only true family I got. But I wanna know how we ended up back here in our old bodies."

"That's what we need to figure out once we get Cassandra and get back to the library." Eve said.

They turned to watch and when they saw the doctor and nurses head off into the trauma ward, they came out from behind the plant like last time. Flynn approached. "Cassandra Killian?"

The redhead looked up and smiled. "Flynn?" She asked then looked behind him to see the others. "Eve, Jake, Ezekiel?"

Everyone nodded and the redhead jumped up to hug them all. "Ready to go home, Cassie?" Eve asked as they pulled away.

"Yes, please." She replied and went to grab her coat.

[Back at the library]

The group walked in and smiled. "I can't believe we're back." Cassandra said the smile not leaving her face.

"Welcome home, everyone." Flynn said and sat on the stairs.

Eve sat in his lap as the rest went off to refamiliarize themselves. Watching the three go off, she smiled wider. "Our family... back together again."

Flynn kissed her cheek. "Yes indeed. But now we have to try and figure out what caused all this." He said. "Any theories?"

Colonial Baird contemplated this for a minute. "The only thing I can possibly think of is a powerful new source of magic that we haven't seen yet. Kind of like that magician guy when it took us forever to realize his flower was the source of his powers and that new artifacts were being created."