8. "Broken Performances"

The stage is set, quite literally, as the anticipation mounts in the auditorium. The soft glow of stage lights illuminates the room, casting a warm ambiance over the eager audience. Backstage, my heart pounds with nervous excitement, a jumble of emotions swirling inside me.

Alongside me stand Lily, Morb, and our newest supporters for the night, Iris, Ash, and Akeno. Their presence brings a surge of confidence, their encouraging smiles bolstering our spirits as we prepare to take the stage.

"Thanks for coming, guys," Lily says, her voice tinged with gratitude as she adjusts her dress. "Your support means everything to us."

Iris nods, a determined glint in her eyes. "We wouldn't miss it for the world," she replies, her tone resolute.

Ash chimes in with a grin, his enthusiasm infectious. "Yeah, you guys are gonna kill it out there! Just remember to rock out and have fun."

Akeno nods in agreement, her gaze sweeping over the group. "You've got this," she says, her voice filled with conviction. "Just go out there and show them what you're made of."

As the Anchors introduces us, a ripple of applause fills the air, spurring us on as we take our places. Lily stands at the front, microphone in stand, her presence commanding attention. I flank her, my guitar at the ready, poised for the performance of a lifetime.

 I flank her, my guitar at the ready, poised for the performance of a lifetime

The music starts, a soft melody that fills the room with its gentle strains. Lily's voice rises above the guitar strums, clear and melodic, drawing the audience into the story she weaves with her voice. With each note, each chord, we're transported to another world, lost in the magic of the music

As the song reaches its bridge, a sense of exhilaration washes over me, adrenaline coursing through my veins. I lose myself with my love , my guitar. Fingers flying over the strings of the guitar, lost in the rhythm and the melody

And then, all too soon, it's over. The final chords fade into silence, the last echoes of Lily's voice lingering in the air. The audience erupts into applause, their cheers and whistles a testament to the power of the performance.
I can hear Morb screaming "That's my boy, that's my boy!!"

As we take our bows, a sense of pride washes over me, a feeling of accomplishment unlike anything I've ever experienced before. Together, we've created something truly special, something that will stay with us long after the final notes have faded away.

Meanwhile with Iris

The final notes of the performance echo through the auditorium, I felt pride. I glance around, searching for Draco in the crowd, but he's nowhere to be found. With a sinking feeling in my chest, I push my way through the throng of people, my heart pounding in my ears.

Finally, I spot him near the stage, surrounded by friends and well-wishers. Relief floods through me as I make my way toward him, but as I draw closer, I see something that stops me in my tracks.