Chapter 1

A screaming could be heard from inside the room as a young man was walking back and forth with a hint anxious as his mind wondered if his wife would be alright, suddenly a midwife came out of the room with no expression that was hard to read.

"Mr Snape, you may enter and see your wife", the midwife said to the man.

The man entered with a gleam of hope as he walked inside to be greeted by his tired wife with a child in her hands. Unbeknownst to him the baby is a girl, which caused him to be extremely disappointed by it. With this newfound anger boiling inside him.

"What is this, Eileen!" he shouted at his wife causing her to jolt and hold the baby protectively.

"What's wrong, love? This is your child," she tried to find the courage to muster some words towards her husband.

"I thought you would be giving a son, not a daughter who couldn't even continue my legacy," he snarled at the word daughter as he immediately took the baby from the mother.

"Tobias, what are you thinking about taking the baby away?!" Eileen was alarmed by her husband's action.

"I'm discarding her to the orphanage," as he answered something awoke Eileen as she cried out for her baby and tried to crawl out of bed despite the pain as her silhouette husband was about to disappear from her eyesight. She quickly grabbed her wand in the cabinet and raced off to her husband.

Tobias stood near the door frame, strapping a coat on his body in this blistering winter. Eileen held out the wand as Tobias's eyes widened at his wife.

"Obliviate!"

With that, it caused Tobias to fall with another charm, she cast a spell to levitate her daughter into her arms. Emotions had taken a toll on her as she looked at her daughter with a sob of pain and despair. It was her cruel decision to run away and fall in love with a muggle, and now, her daughter will have to suffer the consequences that inflicted on her daughter. With that thought, she cried in silence and held her daughter tightly. Eileen had made a decision that she knew she couldn't back down, she had to raise her daughter as a boy. She stared at her daughter to see a stern and undaunted look even when her husband took her away, and that's when she knew what to call her.

"You have a very determined face, my dear. Despite your father trying to discard you away. Hmm, what about Severina? Hmm. But for short, I'll call you Evie," the announcement of the baby's name, the little girl let out a giggle caused the older woman to smile.

"My sweet Evie, I'm sorry for not giving you a happy childhood. I promise to give you the happiness you will get in your lifetime. That's my promise for you, my dear," she muffled as the baby girl's eyes slowly fluttered to sleep.

Eileen's eyes fixated on her unconscious husband, she looked torn as a realization dawned on her she couldn't decide whether she should choose her daughter or her husband.

Unfazed by a shadow, a figure stood behind her. Eileen slowly twisted her neck to the side to see nothing behind her. A sigh of relief escaped from her lips as she held her baby tightly to her chest. She gripped her wand as she scanned the area around the house, that's when something came into her mind. With that thought, she tried to run away before...

A middle-aged woman with dark hair pale skin and dark eyes stared down at Eileen with a sinister smile crept on her face. She tilted her head as her eyes fixated on the child being cradled by Eileen. With one step, she went to the side of Eileen and whispered in her ear.

"A promise is made to be broken. Debt is in due time, my child."

Suddenly, Severina's eyes snapped open and stood up with thunder roaring inside her heart with cold sweat beaming around her forehead. She slumped back on the bed with all her emotions coming like a toll on her heart, she couldn't take it. Slowly, she scanned her with several shades of green and the mantle was adorned with the portrait of a serpent. With that she took a deep breath and released, she stared at the clock. It's 3 a.m. Some of her dormmates were still asleep. She bit her lip as tears streaming down her face. She stood up and grabbed her robe and wand, before going into the secret passage in the dungeons to the forest. She walks through the secret passage with melancholy thoughts tears continue to fall to her cheek as she stands beside the wall and sobbing silently while wondering about nightmares and the things she had to put up during the day. 

The moonlight shone from the other side of the tunnel, the green color painted in her vision with fresh air reaching through her nostrils, a scent of damp wood with the wind breezed through her black locks. As she reached somewhere away from the castle but not that far. That's the place where she could express her true self without being condemned or bullied for her looks. She hated being raised as Severus not Severina, all because her father wanted a son. All because he wanted someone to carry his heritage. All because her mother cast a spell to make her father forget she was a girl and was forced to be a boy for the rest of her life. Now, everyone especially the Marauders with James Potter the leader bullies her because she looks and sounds like a girl unbeknownst to them, that she is a girl.

But a spark came into her mind as trailed off to memory lane and remembered an old lady giving her a dance lesson to calm her nerves down. That old lady at Spinner's End was the first person to find out her true identity. Why didn't she tell Lily a secret? She hadn't fully trusted Lily even though their childhood friend but seeing how she was always with Potter, pained her a bit.

With the sound of wind as her melody and the rustling sound of the bushes. Her legs slowly gave away as she lifted her leg in the air and twirled around as if the wind helped flow her movement as she leaped from one place to another, she could feel all the emotion she bottled up coming to a stop as she leaped with gleaming feelings strung on her heart as if she has forgotten her nightmares, and constant problem during the day. The wind caused her feet to spin, with every twirl her feet could take. A soft giggle escaped from her as she continued to dance. Unbeknownst to her a stag was hiding behind the bushes as she danced away with every symphony in the forest.

As her dance came to a stop when she realized a stag was there. 

"Awe, hello there. What are you doing here?" she asked.

The stag quickly ran away before she could touch him.

"I guess he hates me. Just like everyone else," with that, she sighed before going back to the castle and awaited another day in that dreadful place. 

As her figure slowly went further from view, the stag turned into a man and fixed his glasses as he stared at the girl's silhouette.