Chapter 3

James reached his Gryffindor room, with distraught and confusion written all over his face as he sat at the edge of his bed. Severus is a girl. Did I see it wrongly or something, James thought as he slumped his back on the comfy cushion. He felt guilty and mortified for the wrongdoing he had done throughout their years in Hogwarts. If his parents found out, what he had done. They would be very disappointed. "Why did she hide her true gender, I wonder," James made up all kinds of assumptions about Severus's secret.

A loud creaked sound of the door opening followed by a thud. James jerked up from his bed and saw two of his best lads.

"That slimeball should just stop nosing around on people's business," Sirius said to Peter who follow behind him.

"What are you talking about, padfoot?" As James walked towards them with a confounded look written across his face.

"Oh, I was talking with Wormtail about how that stupid Snivellus was eavesdropping on our conversation about Moony and the full moon. I thought about having fun by misleading him into going to the Shrieking Shack if he's that brave if not he's just a stupid coward, "Sirius laughed to himself and walked towards James and patted his shoulder.

"Don't worry prongs, he ain't dumb enough to go there. But if he did, that ought to teach him a lesson," Sirius said. This caused James's eyes to widen in shock and disbelief. He couldn't comprehend Sirius and grabbed his invisible cloak before running away, ignoring Sirius's call out to him.

As the moon hung high in the night sky, casting eerie shadows over the forbidden grounds of Hogwarts, James Potter hurried through the dense underbrush. His heart pounded with adrenaline as he made his way towards the Shrieking Shack, the notorious haunt of Remus Lupin during his werewolf transformations. But tonight, James's mission was not to confront the werewolf but to rescue Severus Snape. As he ran his leg could take him, but it was too slow and he could hear screaming from afar pursued with a growling, this caused James to take out his wand and transform it into his animagus form, he increased his speed as galloped towards the shack. There he was met with the haunting howls of the werewolf echoing through the corridors. He saw Severus's tears streaming down her cheek as she held her wand out in fear.

"Remus, please don't come near me. I don't want to hurt you," she pleaded scooting further behind as her back came in contact with the wall. Remus didn't listen as he prowled towards her as if she were his prey. She closed her eyes and readied herself to defend herself before a stag came in and used his antlers to attack the werewolf by hitting it hard on the stomach. This caused Severina to be completely bewildered by the fight between two magical creatures. As the wolf slumped to the ground, it stood up with a growl before charging towards the stag. 

Something in Severina was conflicted between the fight as her trembled mouth mumbled stop over and over until she screamed out loud, the atmosphere inside the shack becomes charged with energy as Severina struggles to contain her power, her emotions swirling like a storm within her.

As the tension reaches its peak, Severina's magic spirals out of control, causing chaos within the shack. Objects tremble and shatter, mystical energy crackles through the air, and the very foundations of the building seem to quake with the force of her power. As objects dropping on Remus, almost dropping down on Severina if James didn't pushed her out of the way. And ushed her to go outside with him. Once they are outside the shack, James motion for her to ride on him which she obeyed but could see a hint of fear. Fear of hurting him. Fear of destroying anything. As they rode until the coast was clear, Severina for once let herself cried after that event, She sobbed at the stag's coat with her trembling body could be felt by James.

James felt guilty.

As they reached at the Hogwarts entrance, as she hoped off and petted the stag.

"Thank you, again. My angel for rescuing me," she said with her glossy eyes stared back at James in stag form.

The stag bit her cloths to halter her from walking away. She looked back at the stag. The next thing, she knew she was not only furious but embarassed. James took a deep breath and turned into his human form. Severina was flabbergasted by this.

"You're a...you're a...you're an animagus," she looked bewildered but the flustered of shame consumed her as she looked away and was about to run away.

"Wait,Severus. I just want to know if it's true. Are you a girl?"

This caused Severina to froze up, she could't keep up facade, but fear consumed me.

"You're crazy, Potter. To accused me that I'm a girl. What? Is this your new tactics to bully me or humilate me in front of the entire Hogwarts," the girl shouted in anger.

"What's so wrong with me. To deserve such treatment..." her voice decreased and looked down, trying so hard to avoid to cry. But, what she failed to noticed strong arms eloped her body with comforting matter while rubbing circle on the back. "It's okay to cry. I won't judge. I promise. Severus or if that's even your real name, I'm sorry for all the things. Please, I truly apologized for my behaviour," he whispered and apologized a dozen times to her ears. For the first time, she cried on his shoulder. On James Potter's shoulder. The guy, she supposed to hate but in the end, she couldn't denied the feelings for long.

James pulled away and looked at her straight into her black iris, tugged her fallen hair behind her ears. The tears still streaming down her face as no one would treat her like a lady, a she wanted to be. James goes near to  her ears.

"It's okay to show your real self, sometimes. There's nothing to be ashamed of being a girl. I promise to keep your secrets and won't bully you, anymore."