Ⅲ. Finding comfort in the mundane

It was a rather chilly, grey morning and I was trying my best not to get my ass beat by the first years on your regular Monday morning "Aye! Easy on the shoulder!" Kugisaki rolled her eyes, now specifically aiming for my shoulder with her fighting stick "It's been weeks already! Don't be a baby." I clicked my tongue as I did my best to avoid her attacks. For today's combat lesson, I decided to train them in some general martial arts and self-defence without their cursed techniques or cursed energy in general. While I was busy doing that, an unwanted guest decided to show up "Y/n! First years! What are you guys up to?" I scoff at Gojo's question, turning to look at him briefly "Is that a rhetorical question?" And in my moment of distraction, I got tackled to the ground by the three students who had been trying to do so for the past half an hour, Kugisaki pushing her fighting stick down on my back while Itadori held me down and Fushiguro's demon dogs gnawed at my ankles.

I sighed before looking up at Satoru with a deadpan expression, struggling against the students' grip on me "Why are you here?" He laughed at my hostility, practically immune to it by now "You're needed for a mission again." The students collectively groaned at this, finally letting me go. Gojo offered me a hand which I reluctantly accepted. He proceeded to pull me up with ease "It still catches me off guard when you do that...weirdo."

I grabbed my water bottle off the bench, chugging it like I'd been in a desert for a week. Gojo just laughed at my statement before handing me the file regarding the case. I read through it and spit out my water when I saw I had been paired up once again "You gotta be shitting me!" He pretended to be innocent, a devious smile tugging at his lips. "It was you, wasn't it? I swear Satoru if this is your doing I will fight you right here and now." I pointed an accusatory finger at his chest, being stopped by his infinity. "Hey, now no need to get so violent." He cooed playfully, leaning in while throwing an arm over my shoulders "Besides, old classmates should spend some quality time together, no?" I roughly shrugged his arm off, my glare cold while I ran a hand through my likely dishevelled hair "Whatever man." I stuffed my hands into my pockets, a scowl painted on my features while Gojo just laughed at me. "Take care kiddos," I spoke while waving behind me while I headed for the exit. "Bye L/n-Sensei!" Itadori exclaimed after me.

Once I got outside I pulled out my phone to call Ijichi to pick me up "I cannot believe he pulled this shit again..." I mumbled, looking for Ijichi's contact. That was until a familiar voice sounded beside me "No need. I'm here to pick you up." I nearly jumped out of my skin, getting in a fighting stance out of habit "Fucking hell Nanami, don't sneak up on me like that!" I chuckled breathily, leaning on my knees while trying to catch my breath. "It's just me." He muttered indifferently. I placed my hand on his shoulder, letting out a deep sigh "Where are you parked, my man?" He gestured for me to follow him as we walked down the street.

"Sooo how've you been?" As we approached the car, he opened the door making an embarrassed smile grace my features "I'm not a lady you need to open the door for, ya know." Nanami shook his head, pushing me into the car while I laughed at his annoyance. "You don't have to be a lady to be treated with respect." He grumbled as he got into the driver's seat, starting the car with a deep rumble from the engine "And to answer your earlier question, I've been fine." I smiled softly "That's good."

I stepped out of the car, looking up at the tall trees of the ominous forest we'd been assigned to "Lovely..." I remarked bitterly, my eyes darting at every rustle and my heart beating in my ears. Nanami soon followed, his expression remained cold "Perhaps Leviathan would be a good call." I nodded in agreement, raising my palm with a purple light "Leviathan, I call upon thee." And there he appeared beside me, immediately showing disinterest in my summoning "I was busy." I laughed at him, shaking my head slightly "Too bad." He huffed, splashing the back of my head with a small stream of water "Oi! Stop messing around." He was one of the more difficult characters to deal with, and he proved that every time I called upon him.