Ⅴ. Party rock is in the house tonight

The kids had today off so they decided to go shopping for their party. And I was stuck babysitting since Gojo was busy.

"L/n-sensei?" I looked up from my phone to see Nobara holding up a package of paper plates and plastic cups. "Yeah sure, just put it in the cart." I followed the three students, pushing the cart mindlessly as they browsed through the aisles. I'd offered to get them the things they needed for this party, and they happily accepted. It was more of a get together, really, but whatever made the kids happy.

I saw Nobara eyeing the alcohol aisle. I raised my eyebrow suspiciously as she walked up to me with an innocent smile "Sensei-" "No." She groaned in frustration "Oh come on!" I sighed, shaking my head "Nobara. I'm not buying you alcohol, now get." She rolled her eyes before joining her classmates again. These damn kids.

Finally, we got back to the school with way too many bags filled with decorations, snacks, and drinks. They made me carry most of the bags. By they I mean Nobara. "Can't believe you made me carry almost everything." I huffed, placing them on the counter. Finally able to relax my arms. Nobara shrugged "You're our teacher, aren't you?" I narrowed my eyes at her "Yeah but that doesn't mean I'm a personal house elf."  She just laughed sinisterly, unpacking the party supplies.

After hours of preparation, the students were pleased with how the common room turned out. Lights hung in every corner of the room, a table filled with snacks and self-serve drinks in the kitchen. Non-alcoholic that is. It was nice seeing the students work together like this. They had chemistry. It reminded me of my school days.

I plopped down on the couch with a deep sigh, getting a displeased look from Nobara "What?" She rolled her eyes as if it was obvious "You need to leave." I clutched my hand on my chest, gasping dramatically "After helping you set this whole thing up, I can't even stay a while?" She walked over to me, using all her might to push me off the couch "No. Students only."

Itadori walked back into the common room, he couldn't help but laugh at the sight of Kugisaki trying to push me off "What's going on, Kugisaki?" He watched her sit down beside me in defeat "He won't leave." And just to spite her, I finally got up. She groaned in frustration, holding her head in her hands as a sound of despair escaped her. I laughed, shaking my head as I grabbed my pack of cigarettes. "Have fun kids, don't cause any trouble, alright?" "Yes, Sensei." They exclaimed collectively as I headed out. I hadn't seen much of Megumi but I figured he was in his room. I hope he's alright, I know he's not much of a partygoer.

While I walked towards the training grounds, my phone rang. "Who the..." I stopped in my tracks at the caller ID. Nearly dropped my cigarette as I fumbled to pick up the call "Uh hi hello with Y/n, well you know that...what's up Nanami?" He never called me so this caught me off guard. Why was I so nervous to be on a call with him? "I heard from Shoko that your injuries were worsening. I wanted to make sure you were alright." A surprised smile tugged at my lips "Yeah I'll be okay. Nothing I can't handle. What about you?" My voice was smaller than usual as I stood still in the middle of the path. "Thanks to you, I'm fine." He sounded tired. Maybe he had a rough day. "I'm glad." I continued to walk, throwing my cigarette in a nearby trashcan.

"Are you outside?" He asked curiously. "Yeah, I just left the first years. They're throwing a party for funsies and I helped with organizing. I'm about to do some training with the sins since it's still early." He hummed softly "Isn't Gojo there?" I placed the phone on a nearby bench before putting it on speaker "He's busy currently but he should be here later. The kids can handle themselves. And I'll check on them every once in a while so..." I spoke as I kneeled beside the phone. "Fair point."

Why was I so nervous to talk to him? Intimidation? Who knows. Maybe I just don't like phone calls. Yeah. That's it.

"What are you up to?" I asked curiously before taking off my uniform jacket. I usually wore a T-shirt underneath, and today was no different. "I was doing some paperwork until Shoko texted me. And now we're here." I hummed affirmingly, holding up my palm as a yellow light emanated "Mammon."