Chapter 1

Camille's POV

"Absolutely not. There is no way you're going to get me to wear that." I glare at Brooke crossing my arms over my chest.

"Please?! Come on you'll look hot!" She pushes, swinging the godforsaken dress, if you can even call it that as it seems to be missing half of it. "Plus you know Jeremy will be there and you need to rub it in his face what he can't and never will have." Shit, she had a point. He's been trying to get with me for a while now, but something about him keeps me staying at a distance. That, and I'm waiting to find my mate.

"Fine. But you so owe me for this." She just tosses me the dress smiling smugly. Why do I feel like I'm going to regret this? As I'm changing in the bathroom and applying my makeup I hear the girls come into Brooke's room.

"You actually got her to wear it?"

"Jer is going to die."

"Cam you almost ready?"

"Yup, almost!" I assure them, taking a deep breath and looking at my reflection one last time. I steal myself and fling the door open ready for what the night has in store.

"Damn, I think I might have to have my way with you right here right now!" Jamie has never been shy and is the first to voice her approval. I roll my eyes, I guess Brooke did good.

"Jeremy can eat his heart out." Sarah all but growls. Brooke hi-fives her and fist pumps the air.

"My work here is done." She states proudly. I give her a sultry smile, practicing for tonight. Then I get a sinking feeling. "What is it Cam?" Brooke asks in concerned.

"It's nothing." I assure her weakly. She just rolls her eyes.

"Please, it's not nothing now what is it?" She presses.

"Well don't take this the wrong way because you have to know I appreciate all the help and I feel really hot but what if things don't go according to the plan? I know I can only push him so far..." I trail off.

"Don't even worry a hair on your pretty head. We will all be there for backup." She looks into my eyes and I know she means it. "Group hug!" She yells. All the girls pile in.

"Ow! Not the hair! Watch it!" They giggle but let me loose.

"Alright Matt is here time to go!" Sarah announces, her eyes going soft at the thought of being near her mate. It warmed my heart to see her so happy. If only I could be that happy...

"Let's go get our freak on ladies!" Jamie cheers, wrapping an arm around my shoulder before bringing Brooke in with her other.

"Evening ladies." Matt greets us, politely opening the passenger door for Sarah. We all chorus in 'aws' and she blushes. They've marked each other but haven't completed the cough, cough mating process.

"We're here!" Jamie announces animatedly. I gulp. Clearly I'm not the party type. Frankly, if it wasn't for the girls really good convincing I wouldn't be here, I'd be home with a good book and a cup of hot tea. Sue me. Don't get me wrong, every once and a while I like dressing up all cute and going out with my girls but the idea of a party like this jut freaks me out. Deep breaths, ok here it goes.

"Let's head over there." Brooke suggests over the loud music shaking the walls. Brooke, Sarah, Matt and I make our way over. I take in the scene before me. Bodies moving in time with the music on the dance floor, drinks left and right, and the smells of alcohol and arousal, yes I can smell that, curse you werewolf sense of smell.

"Hey man!" A tall guy comes over and fist pumps Matt who in turn stands, Sarah in tow and introduces her to the guy. I vaguely recognize him as a pack member but can't remember his name. I look away scanning the crowd absently. Wait. Shit he's here. I lock eyes with Jeremy and immediately tense up. Brooke notices and follows my gaze.