Chapter 15

Camille's POV

         "Are you sure?" I hesitantly press my fingertips down the front of my thighs, covered in sapphire fabric, and gaze out at the girl in the mirror.

         "Absolutely." Jamie assures me. "Here which shoes do you want?" I tear my gaze from my reflection and eye the shoes in her hands. Glittery black stilettos or spiky nude platforms.

         "Hmm, I'm gonna go with these." I snatch the black ones out of her left hand and toss them on the bed. The open window across from the bed reveals pale blue, white, and silver streamers thrown delicately across the vast yard.

         "Hey, Hey, Hey! No peeking missy!" Jamie is quick to push between the window and I and snatch up the blinds, bringing them together and bathing the room in darkness. "He wants to surprise you." She explains, crossing the room to flip on the lights.

         "Ugg I know!" I groan, plopping onto the bed next to my shoes. "I really like the surprise part just not the not knowing."

         "That makes no sense." Jamie deadpans. "Now get your cute little ass over here so I can do up your hair."

         This is it. Today is the day. The day I admittedly have been strategically avoiding since I arrived on Austin's land, well really since I found my mate. My introduction to the pack and announcement as the future Luna. I stare at my twisting fidgety fingers lying restlessly in my lap and vaguely feel Jamie tugging and twisting my hair. I flip my gaze to the line of tools lining my dresser ranging from lip gloss and blush to curling irons and bobby pins.

         "Alright." Jamie dabs another coat of bubblegum pink gloss on my lips. "That should do it. I think your done girlie." She steps back to get an eyeful of her hard work. Two hours of hard work. I stand to untie the kink in my neck and my back protests the sudden movement.

         "Can I look?" I try and gaze past Jamie to the mirror.

         "Here" she moves the cords our of the way and steps aside, allowing my first glimpse of her work. "So?" But I can't answer Jamie's inquiry. I'm left speechless. I'd like to think I'm an average girl. Well, maybe a little above average. On a good day. But Jamie managed to pull out everything I liked about myself and make them shine. She even succeeded in taking the things I try to hide, and make me want to show them off. My eyes dared you to look away from their icy depths and my cheekbones shone a healthy rose. She'd delicately curled my long hair and framed an intricate braid like a headband. I looked and felt beautiful.

         "Oh Jamie." I blubbered, after a few minutes trying to catch my breath.

         "Don't' you dare mess up your pretty face I just spent hours on!" She scolds, holding a tissue to me to dab my suddenly blurry eyes. "Bring it in doll." She yanks me into her arms careful not to mess me up.

         "I don't know how you do this, but you worked some serious magic." I can't help but look at myself in the mirror again, still stunned.

         "Oh please," She waves a hand in dismissal. "I had a good canvas to start with." I roll my eyes. "No, seriously Cam, it was no trouble. I'm just glad I got to be a part of the day I never thought would come. At least for a long time. You can be pretty stubborn." She pops her hands on her hips and cocks her head knowingly.

         "Lets get this show on the road then shall we?" I tell her after letting out a breath and reach to retrieve my shoes.

         "Good idea. I'm sure lover boy is on pins and needles. I'd be surprised if everything came together since the men are planning things." Jamie rattles on, watching me put my shoes on.