Chapter 1 : Stranded

A/N : New book because I'm absolutely insane.     

Chapter 1

Riker POV

I was really excited today because Ross and I are taking a flight to Alaska. Ross is filming a movie in Vancouver, but before it starts, our dad found out there's a skydiving event going on in Alaska, which isn't too far from Vancouver.

So dad flew out there a few days ago. We're flying there today. We'd taken a flight to Canada. And now we were waiting to take a small plane to where the skydiving event is in Alaska.

Ross was sitting next to me and he seemed kind of tired, but I was too excited to be tired.

They called our names, so we went outside. There was a small plane, kind of like my dad's waiting for us.

"I'll be your pilot today. My name's Cole," he said, shaking our hands.

He loaded our suitcases into the plane and then gave us headsets to wear so we could hear each other.

Ross and I both got in the back so we could sit next to each other.

"So why are you guys heading to Alaska?" He asked.

"Our dad loves skydiving. There's a skydiving event and he's going to take us skydiving," I said.

"Nice. Are you guys ready to go?"

"Yup," I said.

"Alright," he said, turning on the plane.

Later...

Riker POV

Honestly I was really enjoying the plane ride because I could see how pretty Alaska was. It was the beginning of spring, so there was still snow covering like half of the land.

All of a sudden, the plane wobbled, which sent a wave of panic through my body. It just took me off guard, I think.

But then it wobbled again, worse this time. And it felt like the plane was dropping a bit.

"What's going on?" Ross asked, looking out the window.

"I don't know. I'm having some electrical issues," our pilot said.

I started getting really nervous now. I think Ross could sense my nerves because he put his hand on my knee, which made me feel slightly better.

We wobbled again, worse this time, and I almost screamed.

"Guys, I'm going to need to make an emergency landing. Something's wrong," our pilot said.

The plane started descending. I could see a small grassy area in a valley between some mountains that he was heading towards. I was trying to stay calm. But when we wobbled again really bad, my heart started racing, and I wasn't so calm anymore.

I mean, what if the engine just shuts off and we crash!?

I think Ross's tight grip on my knee was just making me even more nervous too.

I tried to not look out the windows and just keep my eyes closed. Maybe if I don't look, it won't be so bad.

But when we wobbled again, my eyes flew open.

Ross looked at me, and he looked relatively calm. I think he could tell I was freaking out. He moved his hand from my knee to around my back, holding me to his side tightly.

The plane kept wobbling all the way down. We finally landed, but it was a bit rough and I hit my head on the ceiling kind of hard.

Our pilot shut off the plane, so I took my headset off.