Prologue

"man, I'm so glad I didn't panic during the 12th grader Centenary celebration" I narrated to myself whilst walking home.

The road was empty, and so was the pavement. it was dead quiet, the only sound heard is my own voice and my footsteps from below... And some drunkards somewhere in the distance behind me. I continued talking to myself

"though, I am a bit sad they didn't invite me to the after party, but that's fine" I told myself, forcing a sad smile on my face.

It was true, I was the odd one out. Whilst my class had a close relationship with the 12th graders and other students at school, all I knew was my classmates, I was socially awkward and bad looking too.

As I continued walking, ignoring my surroundings, fantasizing about being in the after party with my classmates, with the 12th graders, having fun...

Suddenly, I hear the drunkards from before, laughing right next to me, I try to turn to look at them, to make sure they don't do anything to me, I felt one of them push me onto the road.

As I finally understood what was happening, I saw a car, right next to my face, no intention of stopping. Everything around me slowed down for just a second, it was like time froze... I knew my death was inevitable, but why? Why did they push me? Why was I the unlucky one? And...

"I wish... I could have became an important person, one that would be loved and had many friends... I wish I could be reborn as someone useful" I muttered, or maybe I just said it in my head, I don't know.

Then, the car hit me and everything went black.

My eyes began to open, they were misty. I remembered my death that seemed to have happened just seconds ago, and began crying. My voice sounded like the cry of a baby, my body felt so small and fragile.

As my vision began clearing, I felt someone holding me. Looking into the figure above, I saw a beautiful woman, wearing a black kimono with red rose patterns, her hair was black and eyes were red-ish.

The woman began crying with a smile as she held me in her hands

"im so glad... My son... You opened your eyes... I thought you were dead after I gave birth to you... I thought you'd leave me like your father" the woman spoke softly, her voice lanced with relief and joy as she cried alongside me.

I didn't understand, what was going on? Who is this woman? Why do I feel so small?

I stopped crying for a second and looked at my own body... I was, so little, like a baby. Then I lifted my gaze curiously at the woman above me, she squeeled.

"awwwwh, my baby is curious... Don't worry, my son, I'll teach you everything there is to know about this new world" the woman said softly and gently began patting my head with her free hand.

The woman's touch, it felt motherly, soft, caring, something I haven't experienced in my life.

Then... It hit me

'wait... I was hit by a car... I wake up as a baby being held in woman's arms, and the woman calls me her son' I thought and smiled brightly with my baby face. 'I'm reincarnated! And this woman is my mother!... I sure hope this isn't one of those before-death dreams as my head is being crushed by the car in slow-mo' i thought.

Then, I spread my baby arms wide open with a bright smile, I didn't care about anything in that moment. What mattered was that finally... I was reborn, my dream came true. And I had all of my memories of my previous life, so that's ought to help me.

The woman's, or rather, my mother's smile brightened too, a light blush on her cheeks, presumably from my cute baby behavior. Then softly hugged me.

"my son... My cute little baby" my mother kept whispering as I felt my eyes grow heavy from such warmth, from soft words.

I closed my eyes and drifted off... My mind already excited about the new change, about my second chance at life...