#1 Sun Breathing? As In, The One I Demons Slayer?

I woke up, yawning and rubbing my eyes. I sat up on the bed and sighed.

For context, I spent the last 10 years trying to act like a normal baby and child, despite being a 17 year old boy from the future in mind.

During my years of growing up, I've discovered a few things: first, I'm definitely in ancient Japan, second being that my mother worked in the entertainment district as a prostitute, and third and most important, my mother was the nicest person who was forced to become like this to make sure she survives in such a harsh world.

As I, stood up from the bed, I heard noises coming from my mother's room, yup, she's pleasing another customer.

Deciding to not interrupt, I walked around my room, looking at many books in bookshelfs. My mother put them there, for me to read when I got bored. I mean, she doesn't know that I've already read all of these books twice, since I knew how to read ever since I was a baby.

As I looked through my bookshelf, something caught my eye, it was a scroll, one I've never noticed before.

"hmmm, I wonder... What's this? Did I seriously not notice this in over 10 years?" I talked to myself as he stood on my toe tips and reached for the scroll, taking it out, examining it. It looked ancient and dusty.

I quickly wiped the dust off the scroll with a blow of my breath and walked up toward my table, sitting down next to it I prepared to open the scroll.

"this better be good" I muttered and spread the scroll wide open.

I looked at it for a minute, then two, then three... The scroll had drawings of a swordsman with a flaming sword, performing 12 different moves and short descriptions underneath each drawing.

"... Is this supposed to be a drawing for kids, or is it..." I muttered, but stopped myself as I read the title of the scroll 'Hinokami Kagura'.

I froze. Hinokami Kagura? The sun god dance? As in...

"the one from demon slayer?" I questioned under my breath as I began eagerly reading each description underneath the drawings.

"Hinokami Kagura Dance - The user performs a singular downwards vertical slash in an arcing motion." I read out loud, standing up as I tried to replicate the motion, though even I myself knew my form was beyond help.

I sat back down and continued reading

" Clear Blue Sky - The user spins and twists their upper body in a circular motion, releasing a 360° slash" I kept reading, finally realizing what this means, since, there was no shot anime was invented yet

"I am in demon slayer universe" I whispered excitedly, I was in shock.

As I looked at the scroll on the table, an idea clicked in my mind.

"oh wait... That means I gots to train... I just got my ticket to becoming someone useful: Sun breathing..." I said to myself and too the scroll from the table, closing it and putting it under my bed.

Wasting no time at all after finding out this news, I dropped down to my feet and began doing push ups

My kid body wasn't all that powerful, but I had enough mental endurance to do at least three times more then an average child my age.

" 9...10...11...12...13...14....15" I muttered between long breaths and slight groans of discomfort, but I didn't want to waste any time... I didn't know which point in the story I was in, but I didn't care, I wanted to become a demon slayer at all cost.

As I did the 15th push up, I heard the door of my room open as my mother peaked in, my concentration blew and I fell on my stomach, unable to push myself back up due to the throbbing pain in my arms.

My mother, who was the one who opened the door, maybe to check on me, gasped and rushed to my side, picking me up in her arms, walking over to the bed and gently setting me down on it.

"son, what happened?! Are you okay?!" my mother questioned, worry and concern clear in her voice... As well as tiredness, since satisfying men wasn't an easy job, especially not during this period where men came and went, I heard about it in class.

I caught my breath slowly, smiling slightly at my mother

"yeah, I'm fine... I was just trying to work out a bit... So I could get some job and help you" I lied... There's no way she knew about the demon slayer Corps, so there was no point even mentioning it. Besides, nobody believes a child when they say things like: demons exist, there are people who kill demons called demon slayers, I want to be a part of them'.

My mother sighed deeply and looked at me with softened gaze

"(Y/N), I'm happy that you want to help me, but it's alright, you're still little, you need to enjoy childhood while it lasts" my mother said in her usual soothing voice that I loved hearing everyday. Even after 10 years I didn't grow bored with her voice.

Seeing as my lie was about to crumble, I quickly added:

"but mother! I want to help you! You do so much for me already, and I want to do something for you too!" I insisted in a loud voice, making my mother's eyes widen in surprise.

Then, tears fell down her cheeks as she put her hand on my forehead with a soft smile

"I'm... So glad I gave birth to such a kind and intelligent boy" she whispered, then sighed "alright, alright, you can keep working out to help me... But don't overwork yourself, okay?" mother asked me softly.

I nodded my head

"I won't " I lied, already knowing I'll indeed overwork myself to become a demon slayer... Somehow.

My mother then laid down on my bed and held me close

"good... Now go to sleep, (Y/N). Mother is also tired" she said and closed her eyes.

Yes, my mother was rather attached to me, she always slept in my room. I believe one time I overheard her talking to other prostitutes, saying that she feels dirty sleeping in the same room she 'works' in... And that sleeping next to me brings her comfort and motivation to keep going.

Honestly? I think she's the mother of the year, or at least, better then my mother in the previous life.

I closed my eyes too, already, dreaming of welding a katana, saying cool breathing form names, fighting alongside the demon slayers, maybe even Tanjiro or Zenitsu if I am in the same generation as them.

With those thoughts in mind... I drifted off to sleep, mentally preparing myself for the training ahead