#2 Who Knew Training Sun Breathing Will Be So Hard

Today, I was in my room, as always, breathing heavily whilst doing push ups, sweat dripped down my face and body, my arms felt sore, and yet, I didn't stop, my determination to one day become a demon slayer grew over time.

Two months ago I found the sun breathing scroll, and immediately realized that if I truly am in the demon slayer universe, and I possess a scroll that teaches sun breathing, I might as well learn from it and train.

And that's what I've been doing these past two months, training to become stronger, and I think it's already working out, since I feel a lot stronger, and my endurance has gotten better.

As I finished doing the push ups, I stood up from the ground, catching my breath whilst my eyes fell on the sun breathing scroll on the side of my table as I began thinking

"it's stupid of me to try and learn any of the fancy sun breathing moves... But I can't let that stop me. I have to at least try practicing swordsmanship if I want to get anywhere with this" I muttered to myself as I walked up to the window, staring down at the barely active entertainment district, since it was the most active during the nights.

And then, my eyes fell on an old man with a cart, carrying all the things he wants to sell off, among them was a wooden practice sword, the same one I needed.

Without waisting a moment I rushed to my bed, fishing under the pillow to get a bit of money I managed to collect over the years, by either stealing from mothers customers or picking up any money that falls from those said clients pockets.

As I picked out the amount I thought the old man would agree to sell his wooden sword to me for, I quickly began sneaking out of the building.

I quietly opened the door of my room, closing it just as quietly. as I ran in a quiet yet fast way, I saw the one of my mother's co-workers open the door to her room. I increased the pace of my running as I ran past her room, she didn't seem to notice me.

I was already reaching the door when I saw my mother near the entrance of the building.

"shit" I muttered in slight frustration as I turned around and took a different route. I reached the back door of the building and left.

I had to be fast, since If mother notices me being gone, I'll be in trouble.

Finally, reaching the main street of the entertainment district, I caught up to the old man.

"hey gramps, can you sell me that wooden practice sword?" I asked loudly, still catching my breath from the intense sprinting session.

The old man turned to me slowly, looking me up, and down, then he raised an eyebrow

"I have never seen a kid your age ask for an actual practice sword... This isn't a toy, you know... It's meant to be used for swordsman training" the old man said in a slow, calm and patient tone.

I understood his worries, but what HE didn't know, was that I was a 17 year old teen in mind.

"yes, yes, I know gramps, I want to become a swordsman!" I said, attempted to sound like an innocent 10 year old boy.

The old man burst into soft laughter as he heard me speak. At first, I thought this meant he won't sell me the sword, but then the old man took the sword and handed it to me slowly.

"don't pay, I'm letting you keep it for free" the old man said kindly and smiled warmly at me "it's rare to see someone so young, so determined" the old man added.

My eyes light up with joy, my heart raced as with shaking hands, carefully, I took the practice sword into my hands and looked up at rhw old man

"T-thank you gramps!" I managed to muster out in gratitude as I bowed, the old man did the same in tow, and I began walking away.

But then I heard the old man speak after me

"and remember, no wound or amount of exhaustion will ever feel as terrible as giving up on your dream. So don't give up, even if it kills you, keep pushing forward bravely" I heard the old man's voice, but as I turned to Thank him for his wise words, he was gone.

"well.... Thank you either way... Gramps" I whispered under my breath.

Whilst marveling the wooden practice sword in my hand, I began walking back into the building I lived In.

Getting back wasn't that tough, since nobody came in my way.

As I reached my room, I opened the door, half expecting to find my mother there, but luckily, she wasn't inside my room. I sighed on relief and walked inside my room, closing the door behind myself.

I, as always, didn't waste any time, I got into one of the stances showcased on the scroll and began following they're move descriptions to learn sun breathing.

After good 2 hours, I was done 'performing' all the sun breathing moves with my practice katana as I began swinging the katana above my head, reicating the way I saw Tanjiro train when he was becoming a swordsman.

As I swung the practice sword aboce my head over and over again, I started getting lost in my fantasies, about how I'll be a strong hashira with lots of lovers and lots of money. And so, I completely forgot the fact I was currently training, my arms subconsciously continued the task given to them, except I've entered some trance.

"... (Y/N).... (Y/N)!" I was snapped out of my training mindset when I heard my mother shouting. I was in a trance like state, either swinging the wooden practice sword above my head, trying to imitate a swordsman in training, or I was trying to replicate the sun breathing moves that the scroll provided me with.

I turned to the side to see my mother, a worried look on her face. I began feeling extremely exhausted, in fact, I felt my entire body sweating profusely.

"(Y/N)... When I came to check on you 2 hours ago... I thought you were playing a swordsman with a new toy you found... But now, I see you haven't stopped for a second! Dear, why a sword? And why aren't you resting like you promised me to?" my mother said worriedly, yet again, despite being a prostitute, my mother was claiming the title of the best mother of the year.

I sighed and looked down, feeling genuinely guilty about not resting.

" sorry mom, I've got carried away" I whispered, hoping she just drops the whole question about my wooden practice sword.

Luckily, I was reincarnated to have an amazing mother, way too good for her era. My mother sighed and gently stroked  my wet hair

"it's alright, but I'm expecting you to rest more often" my mother said expectantly.

I nodded as she picked me up and laid down on my bed, setting me down beside her as we fell asleep, like always, together