34. Vijay

"I wanna come Aadhya!" I said begging her

"Vijay try to understand, her whole family is there you can't come." She said squeezing my hands.

"Please keep informing me about what's going on there." I said with a tear falling down my cheeks.

"Sure. Be here with Mom." She said and left.

I was sitting in Aadhya's living room. I felt Reena's presence at her place.

I was sitting on sofa, looking outside window and crying my heart out. I was laying my chin on my hand and praying for her betterment.

It happened all because of me. I pushed her in this condition. How could you do this to her? You know everything about her panic attacks still you played with her. God I love her so much please don't take her away from me I promise I won't play with her ever again. I'll keep her safe and protected from everything else. I'll sacrifice myself if death comes towards her.

"Vijay!" Aadhya's Mom sat beside me.

"Kya hua bacha? (What happened son?)" She asked me so cutely.

"Nothing." I said wiping my tears.

"Crying for Reena?" She asked.

"Yeah she is my very good friend so I don't feel good looking at her in this condition so...." I said lying.

"Don't you feel tired lying to everyone?" She asked and I looked at her in silence. Her eyes told that she knows.

"I have seen the love for her in your eyes. I am not your mother but don't forget I am a mother and you have been like my child and Aadhya's brother since so many years. Trust me I know what your heart feels." She said and wiped my tears.

I felt emotional and laid my head on her laps.

"Aunty I love her, like really a lot but still I can't go to see her just because of her family. I don't feel good that I am sitting here while she is over there going through pain. I am the one who hurted her so much and I can't get over that guilt."

"What did you do?" She asked.

"Nothing just said out of emotion." I lied because I can't let her know what I did.

I got a call from Aadhya.

"Hello Aadhya, how is she? Is she okay? What did the doctor say? Is there anything serious?" I asked in one breath.

"Will you let me speak? The doctor said that she had a major panic attack and she couldn't handle it so she fainted but she is totally fine now. Till evening she will be completely fine like she was in the morning." Aadhya said and something inside me healed. Something that was broken was joined automatically. I sighed in relief.